CCJessie1's profile

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

Monday, February 8th, 2021 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Free Movie Week 2021

ComcastJessie_0-1612799583861.png

Don’t miss your chance to watch tons of the best movies, all for free! Free Movies Week is happening February 8 – 14 for Xfinity customers across our Xfinity On Demand platforms on Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and Xfinity Stream.

The following full On Demand movie libraries are available without a subscription with an Xfinity ID and password:

• Titles from premium networks and subscription services, including STARZ®, EPIX, *SHOWTIME® and Hitz, like Bad Boyz for Life (STARZ), Sonic the Hedgehog (EPIX) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (STARZ).
  • Black and Spanish-language film collections through premium networks and subscriptions services like: WE tv+, Brown Sugar, KweliTV and Pantaya plus cable channels like TV ONE, Cine Latino, Cine Sony and ViendoMovies.

Additionally, as an Xfinity customer, you always have access to thousands of hours of free content through Peacock, Xumo and Tubi.

Learn more about Free Movies Week and some of the titles you can catch here.

Terms of Service

*SHOWTIME only available 2/11 – 2/14.

**Free Movies Week available to residential Xfinity TV and Internet customers from 2/8/21 to 2/14/21. Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Not all content, including Showtime, available for the entire promotional period. HBO Max content limited to select movies. Not all content available with the Xfinity Stream app. Peacock Premium: eligible X1 TV box required. Peacock Premium requires Digital Starter TV, or equivalent, or above. Peacock Premium has a $4.99/month value. Activation required to access Peacock. Programming subject to change. Standard data charges apply to download and usage. Streaming content only available in the U.S. © 2020 Comcast. All rights reserved. All other copyrights and trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

This is misleading.  I have tried to access the "FREE" movies week and it prompts me to either BUY or SUBSCRIBE when I choose to watch a movie on Starz using ondemand.  What is free about that? Oh, and I talked to two tiers of support where they told me that nothing could be done about this.  They offered me a free month subscription and then a credit for that, however seems kind of like this was not implemented well or it's being used to get people to subscribe to other channels.  I was on the phone with support and when I asked about who to talk to at the next level, my call was mysteriously dropped.  Customer for 20 years and have never had this level of frustration with the service or support channels.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

3 years ago

If you have X1 service then just say free movie week in to the X1 remote it will take you  to a screen that says free movie week February 8-14 scroll down to a little of what is free then you want to keep scrolling down to the very bottom there will be a long box  just click on that box and then that's where you cansee all movies  Broken down into catagories of the types of movies you make like

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the response.  That only takes me to Free Movies where I am a channel subscriber.  The intent of this promotion is not to see free movies, which I already know about, but to see movies on channels where I am not a subscriber.  Example:  Right below the free movies selection there is a heading "the best free things to watch today."  I selected Bad Boys for Life and get prompted to either BUY or SUBSCRIBE to Starz.  I am not a subscriber of Starz, however should be able to watch that movie for free. Intent and ease of use by customers should be better than this along with being able to talk to someone without having them hang up on me.  

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

3 years ago

I found another way can find the movies you are looking for starz epix and others click on the button on your remote that says XFINITY scroll down just one spot you will see a white box it says free movie week February 8 To 14  in that same box you'll see starz epix and others click on that box then scroll down to you get to where it say participating networks right under you will see starz  others where you can watch movies 

from those premium networks I already found 2 movies on that I will be watching for free on starz 

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

3 years ago

@wahollingsworth wrote:

This is misleading.  I have tried to access the "FREE" movies week and it prompts me to either BUY or SUBSCRIBE when I choose to watch a movie on Starz using ondemand.  What is free about that? Oh, and I talked to two tiers of support where they told me that nothing could be done about this.  They offered me a free month subscription and then a credit for that, however seems kind of like this was not implemented well or it's being used to get people to subscribe to other channels.  I was on the phone with support and when I asked about who to talk to at the next level, my call was mysteriously dropped.  Customer for 20 years and have never had this level of frustration with the service or support channels.

Does this apply to you?

Don’t miss your chance to watch tons of the best movies, all for free! Free Movies Week is happening February 8 – 14 for Xfinity customers across our Xfinity On Demand platforms on Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and Xfinity Stream.

Are you on X1, Flex, or Stream?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

X1 - Going to try another suggestion from Ma4201.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Yeah. I’m done looking through every movie to see if it’s “free” per the Comcast promotion that keeps showing up as an option for me. Think I’ll spend my time figuring out how to decrease the options on my current subscription and, and at some point, phasing out everything but internet.
Going back to my original complaint.
1. Free is misleading if not an outright lie.
2. The tier 2 support person hanging up on me when I asked to talk to the next level speaks to the fact that they don’t like escalations. (No, I did not cuss or yell at the support person).
3. Customer usability is sorely lacking for this “free” offer.
4. Signing me up for a channel that has “free” movies is not an option.

Customer of Comcast since 2002, so not one to change services for no reason.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@wahollingsworth 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced when attempting to view Free Movie Week content. It appears there may have been an issue with your account's On-Demand profile that our team has already corrected for you. We ask that you please reset your television boxes by unplugging them for 1 minute and plugging them back in and then retest.

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues or have any additional comments/questions. 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastJessie
That has resolved the issue. All boxes taken through a cold boot and now seeing that the movies are coming through as free as advertised.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

3 years ago

Some of the Movies in Free Movies Week Area-Comedy Section for me showing up as Rent/Buy or Just Buy and not Free like suppose to be

Is there any fix to this issue?

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

3 years ago

Hey @BikemanI7 Would you be able to give a few examples of affected movie titles? 

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

3 years ago

Sure can,  Lethal Weapon 3 & 4  In Free Comedy Section When Clicked Free Movies Week in On Demand Section,  

We're The Millers--Same section, down a bit though

i'd have to look for more,  did see Police Academy before, forget what section that was in though possibly same one--but not positive which one Family was browsing down there on the other TV

Hope this is helpful, if not i can find more examples if needed

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We are noticing the same. Tried to watch Hall Pass from the same “Free comedy movies to lift your spirits” section, and while most others around it are free, Hall Pass is requiring rental or purchase.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Nope. It says 'not all content available', but I couldn't find a single thing that was available for free. I don't know if this is an issue with planning or execution but clearly something went wrong with the implementation. I'm trying to watch less TV, not more, anyway and eventually get away from Comcast/Xfinity altogether. This is probably for the best anyway.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same problem as noted up above. Got a notification that this is "Free Movie Week". Tried looking at Starz, Epix, Showtime, etc...online through xfinity.com/stream/listings which is where I do most of my viewing. Everything comes up 'This requires a subscription.  Subscribe'. Tried the Xfinity Stream app on a tablet and my phone. Same thing.

Nothing free for me, and I'm not going to bother calling customer service. Maybe it's just bad luck, but I've found them to be only slighter better than useless.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here