Xfinity blocking sound on Newsmax

3rd attempt to post

customer service no solution to fix sound

posting to social media 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

What do you mean by "blocking sound"? For X1 boxes, you need to make sure the audio channel is set to default. I no longer have an X1 box, but I think if you hit up-arrow to show the timebar, there are several icons to the left. One is for audio channel.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Hello user_z00h06, we never block the sound on any of our networks, but I can understand how annoying that would be to deal with. I'd love to work with you more and help get your audio issue resolved. Are you only having the audio issue on the one network, or are you able to test other networks? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

They seem to be blocking because of Newsmax’s conservative language 

1 Message

1 month ago

I too am having no sound on Newsmax.  I checked volume settings.  I had notice no problem earlier today or yesterday.  Today is a bigger news day so I am News surfing to get all the details about the hostage release.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, user_u8r0k9 , thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your sound issues. We definitely want to ensure you have sound for the channels you enjoy watching so you do not miss any of the big news stories. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Are you having issues with any other channels? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here