U

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 3:21 PM

Closed

WTAE Channel 1197

When I go to channel 1197-WTAE Channel 4 Pittsburgh I’m getting this message….”

”Comcast is required by law to black-out the program currently airing on this channel.” Please consult your on-screen guide or www.xfinity.com For alternate program listing as this program is available on another local station in your area.”

Why am I getting this message!    I’ve always been able to watch this channel.   I haven’t changed anything on my package.     
Thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

8 months ago

Does it happen all the time, or just once? I assume it most often happens with certain sports programming.

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

8 months ago

@user_s0w38c Is this happening every time you access this channel? At all times? Are you trying to access this from home or out of home? 

1 Message

This is happening to me too! WHY??? I’ve always been able to watch this channel! When I go to channel 1197-WTAE Channel 4 Pittsburgh. Accessing from my home. It comes and goes very annoying! I’m NOT watching a sports event when it happens. What is available to solve this problem?  Message - Comcast is required by law to black-out the program currently airing on this channel.” Please consult your on-screen guide or www.xfinity.com For alternate program listing as this program is available on another local station in your area.”

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, @user_5pt1c6! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are also receiving this error. I sounds like we need to take a deeper look into this. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

7 months ago

This is happening to us too. Usually in the morning during the morning news. No certain time just all of a sudden the message comes on the screen. Is WTAE on any other channel?  We are also accessing from our home and yes it is very annoying.

Official Employee

• 

861 Messages

@user_ys1ihy Is this happening on a certain program being aired or on a specific one? When did this message start popping up?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

This happens to us as well.  Normally during news programs and WTAE news (Pittsburgh) is not available anywhere else that I can tell.   Anyone get answers yet??

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_5f1by0,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. I would like to help and look into this matter a bit further. 

Could you please provide us with some additional information such as the date and time frame this happens to take place as well as the listed programming that is stated within the guide? I am showing that WTAE is also available to stream in-home and while out-of-home when using the Xfinity Stream App. When you see the blackout notice, are you also receiving the same notice with using the Xfinity Stream application while connected to your in-home network and on an outside Internet connection? 

We hope to hear from you soon.

4 Messages

4 months ago

This has been happening to us for about 4 months now, Zip Code 15563.    We’ve called Xfinity multiple times now but nothing has changed!!       Xfinity needs to send someone out or check your signal. 

My mom lives in Somerset (15501) and same is happening to her. 

Happens at 7:00am-Good Morning America, 11:00am-The View and 6:30-ABC World News.   

Yes we have reset our box several times. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_s0w38c Good morning, and thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Coummunity Forums Team. It would be frustrating to experience this when trying to enjoy your shows. Aside from resetting your box, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps on your side?

4 Messages

@XfinityKassie​ What else should we try?    We’ve called Xfinity customer service a few times now and they keep telling us nothing is showing when they tun their “test”.    What I need is a repair man Here when it happens, so I would need someone here between 11:00am-12:00pm.

There is a problem if ALL these people are having the same issue!!    Someone needs to figure it out. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_s0w38c Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums regarding the locations of these programs in your area. Have you tried using the voice remote search to locate them instead of manually searching for the channel numbers you've used in the past?

7 Messages

4 months ago

I think this is happening because it appears that WTAE is an out-of-market station for you. You're in the Johnstown-Altoona market, and WTAE is out of Pittsburgh. So you would want to watch WATM.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Yes, and WATM Sucks.  Always watch Pittsburgh.

2 Messages

3 months ago

Now the message to blackout the channel is appearing randomly on KDKA , another Pittsburgh channel.  Is Xfinity going to quit carrying Pittsburgh stations?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_ys1ihy. Are you trying to watch a sporting event when you try to tune to this channel? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Both Pittsburgh stations are also gone from my Comcast in Bedford Pa! Now I'm gonna have to stream these channels!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here