U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 20th, 2022 11:45 AM

Closed

Wrong channel lineup

Has anyone had all their stations and channel lineup changed? This morning my normal abc local news is now a Spanish yoga channel. The local stations are all stations not in my area. It’s like I somehow have someone else’s lineup.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We have the same problem....none of the stations are what they are supposed to be and the majority of our "normal" stations are in Spanish.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We are having the same problem. All of our "normal" stations are now random stations, most of which are in Spanish.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there, @user_b52e60. Just wanted to follow up and see if the channel guide issues have been resolved for you? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

TO: XfinityKorie:

I am having the same problem as user_b52e60; I am missing ~20% of my channels, and those that I do have have all been renumbered.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @LouInVermont, we appreciate you reaching out to our Digital Care Team. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps to correct the issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

I have spent several hours talking with Xfinity telephone support, an hour texting with the Infinity "robot", and probably 4 hours at the local Xfinity store. Would appreciate any suggestions. Seems like there have been several persons with this problem.

Best example of what happened: New England Sports Network in the channel lineup is channel 39 in my area code, 05495. My app now says that channel 39 is the Weather Channel. Also, New England Sports Network is nowhere to be found.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @LouInVermont I'm very sorry for the trouble that you are experiencing. I understand how frustrating this is for you. Can you please send me a DM with your full first and last name along with your full-service address so that we can assist you further with your concerns?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Yes! The same thing is happening to me. All our regular stations are missing or replaced with Spanish channels different than what they should be. NBC 612 is now CATV. ???

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@ScottyDog

Good morning! Thanks for posting this and letting us know you see something so much different that what you normally see for your guide. That is certainly strange and we are here to help! Are you still having this issue where you see different programs and content that what you normally have?

What troubleshooting have you tried? We would suggest rebooting the cable box as a great first step. You can do that without messing with any wires using the Xfinity Remote or the Xfinity MyAccount app under Troubleshooting > Selecting the right equipment > and then selecting Reboot. Please let us know if this helps!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Have any of you contacted Xfinity? I’m waiting on a call back now.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I had a message saying they are aware and that it’s supposed to be fixed by 12:50 today.

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Hi, @user_99d005! Thank you for reaching out to our community forums. Has the channel guide issue been resolved or are you still seeing the incorrect channels displayed on the guide?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityBiancaB​ the channel guide issue is NOT resolved.  I am paying for channels that I am not getting.  WHAT is happening?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We are having the same issue.  Did they resolve your channel lineup problem?  Xfinity does not seem to have any answers for me other than “we are aware of the problem”.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Stayed persistent in calling Xfinity today and this is how it was corrected:  Call to XFinity Customer Service.  That rep sent in several system refresh signals AND had me press the blue button on the DVR box for 30 seconds.  It went through several reboots giving me the “Welcome” message twice.  After completing, we got our normal channel lineup and guide corrected.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @LynnLovesSports! Thank you for letting us know that you got your normal channel lineup back and the guide corrected. That is sweet music to our ears. We are very grateful for your time and patience with us. I just wanted to check back in with you today to see if everything is working today. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having this problem now.  We are in Albuquerque and we are getting Sacramento channels. Help!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi everyone! We're here to help, but please be as specific as possible. Which channel numbers is the feed coming in incorrectly on, and which device are you on? What does the guide show, etc? 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I have wrong channel lineup in Stream app for iOS. Cannot use my iPad to watch local tv. No one had been able to fix it. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same problem all the channels are in the wrong spot and many are simply missing.

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @natpock

Please create your own post and we will help you. 

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same problem. About 20% of the 125+ channels are missing, and those that remain are all out of their normal sequence. Have spent 2-3 hours on the phone and texting with support with no help. Have spent several hour sat the local Comcast with no help yet. Only change was to lease a Gateway about 3 weeks ago.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@LouInVermont​ if you can get them to do a system restore that will reset the channels to your account, unfortunately I had to speak to two young ladies from India to get this done.  After they actually do the restore (they did not the first time) they may forget to tell you to power down (unplug) your box for it to take effect.  It took effect automatically on streaming devices.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes. This happened to us a couple of months ago. Guy came out and swapped out a new box. Now it has just happened again. We are in Spokane, WA and we have an Oregon channel lineup playing.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We'd be happy to help! Since this issue started occurring since your equipment swap, had you a chance to perform any troubleshooting on your end via the Xfinity website or application? If not, it's perfectly okay! We've got a few things of our own that we can try here too, starting with simply just a quick power cycle and rebooting the box! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here