U

Sunday, December 17th, 2023 12:53 PM

Closed

Wrong Blackout Zone

NHL Center Ice issue: We live in PA, get blackouts for Penguins and Flyers. We are erroneously getting blacked out for ALL NY Rangers games as well.

We reset our system. We did online support for hours. Had a technician out to the house who replaced the modem/router. And was just on tech support again last night for hours and was told I'd receive a call. (I did not).

We bought the package to watch NY Rangers and not have to VPN /steal. Take our money and show us the games!!

3 Messages

9 months ago

Advanced tech support never called, but after calling in, I was told the game producers blacked out the broadcast to sell tickets. (WRONG!) Not that it had anything to do with the NY Rangers having the wrong blackout regions. I'm very livid. This is a dumb issue with easy fix. A VPN will solve it. But when I'm paying over $100/month plus $70 for Center Ice, I shouldn't be the one paying for the VPN!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_kr418e We are sorry to hear you are having issues viewing games while trying to watch NHL Center Ice. Our team willl be happy to look into this for you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

9 months ago

I have tried A LOT of direct calls and chats, including technicians coming out thinking our IP was locked on the rented modem.

When I called to cancel I got a representative who is from the NE US. The NY Rangers are blacked out because they are NOT part of NHL Center Ice. You must have The MSG channel to see the games. In my package, that channel is not offered, so Comcast offers no way to watch them.

ESPN+ + a VPN does, assuming the device supports the VPN.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here