U

Sunday, March 24th, 2024 2:10 PM

Why is TBS not in HD

No HD TBS or TNT among others in my area

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

6 months ago

Are you using the correct channel numbers? Numbers below 100 are typically SD, although some devices are smart enough to auto-tune to the HD version, although that is an option that can be enabled/disabled in settings. Also, there are national numbers that will usually default to the highest resolution available on anything other than the older iGuide-based boxes. TBS=1434. TNT=1404.

What are you using the watch TV? What model cable box or other device?

4 Messages

Using the X1,  and these1400 channels are not HD either.. it’s TBS, TNT a few other random ones

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_coki8p does this happen with all shows being aired on those networks? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Yes all shows..  these channels are not HD here in my land.. please help.  Why is this the case?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for confirming that @user_coki8p! At this time, I’d like to take a further look at your account. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here