mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

A few months ago I wrote about my losing TCM due to Comcast's decision to delete it from my $200 plus package.
Comcast gave me credit for 2 months for their new $9.99 TCM/Sports replacement package but now its time to simply let it go.
I was told there are competitive companies who can get me my TCM and the few other channels I like for less than half the price I pay Comcast versus the 260 plus channels (I watch roughly 10 of these) at $200.
I will need to sign up for an internet provider and a company like Sling to see the ten channels and TCM I enjoy.
I have been a customer with Comcast for so long its hard to break away.
But Comcast I am starting to eat my Wheaties and getting the strength to say "Adios" and to move to perhaps a cable-less world.
Taking my TCM has its price.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I've seen all the experts and retired comcast employees explain that the TCM move was done just so Comcast could continue to afford offering it by charging its customers for it.  But really?  How many TCM fans are also huge sports fans? 

Putting TCM in a sports package makes no sense whatsoever.  Change it back.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

gskline, I agree! 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

My sentiments exactly, we are so outraged we are looking for a new cable provider

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

It doesn't appear so.  I called to complain, but it was obvious that comcast didn't really want to hear it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

So now they've taken one of my favorite channels (TCM) and bundled it with a sports package, in which I have 0 interest.  I'm getting closer and closer to cancelling my cable subscription. Is there any good way to voice complaints?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Taking Turner Classic Movies out of the Digital Preferred Package is just another example of how Comcast management is tone deaf to their viewing public, and particularly to seniors who are on a fixed income.  For those of us who have been subscribers for many years, this move come as a shock and a great disappointment.   I really believe that Comcast should have granfathered in existing Digital Preferred subscribers, while offering new subscribers these new options. Since Comcast has a veritable monopoly in Calvert County Maryland where I live, those of us without additional funds to pay additional for TCM are out of luck I guess.  If Comcast want to "do the right thing", it should restore TCM to it Digital Preferred subscribers who have had it for years.   I'm not holding my breath.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

TCM has always been a basic channel. This is totally unfair of Comcast to take it away and stupid to put it in a sports package. It makes no sense to have it with sports. Seems to me their sports package wasn't selling so they thought maybe tcm would help it.

I am now looking into others cable companies such as fios and dish. This time of year they are having exceptional deals.

Comcasts timing shows that they don't care about their customers since now is when some of the best classic Christmas movies are being shown on TCM. They are more interested in the almighty dollar than the customers!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why do I have to spend money for sports channels that I will never watch in order to enjoy the fantastic cinema available on Turner Classic Movies? What is the rationale of putting this channel in a subscription with Sports channels?  The two in no way go together.  I grew up watching classic movies with my mom that broadened my mind of what cinema and culture from a different time period was.  And when I was her caregiver this channel brought her comfort.  So not only are you depriving younger generations of the importance of these films but you are also depriving an older generation of memories of a very different time.  And I doubt either of these generations would spend the money to watch all the sports channels in order to get this fabulous channel.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello....Has anyone else lost Turner Classic Movies off of their subscription?  There was no info given in the bill that this particular package would be losing TCM.  Thank you

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Does anyone know why Turner Movie Chwannel is now by subscription only?  I can't believe this.  This station was included right from the beginning and now you have to pay extra for it.  Crazy!!!!!

And I don't have the cheaspest package either.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why is TCM now a pay to view?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@thecaptain1 wrote:

Why is TCM now a pay to view?

The channel is owned by a competitor. They pull the strings.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s not a pay to view, it was moved to a different tier

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We watch HBO and (formerly) TCM almost exclusively leaving dozens of channels we don't watch and have no use for and resent paying for in order to access TCM.  Attempting to squeeze more money out of us is infuriating and we are ready to cut the cable cord. Enough is enough Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here