mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

This may be the last straw.  With TCM moving to the Sports package, that doesn't even make sense, then trying to navigate the never ending run around of their website, I may have to cut the cord!  I have Netflix, Prime, and FireStick, do I really need cable when they do stupid "bleep" like this!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I wondered the same thing.

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

5 years ago

This is disgusting. We watched TCM all the time. Clearly you don't care about your customers. This subject is one of the most widely responded to on the forum. So you just shut the thread down? If you're going to be so inconsiderate, at least be ready to take the heat and not shut us down like the cowards you are.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My wife and I have watched TCM for years. One of the few cable channels worth watching. Now, with zero notice it’s gone. No explanations. No warning. Just gone. I had no idea where it went until reading this thread. Give me an opt out. Let me have TCM and I’ll trade you HBO which I never watch.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Ok, so as to keep beating this dead horse, I'll chime in as well. It's fairly obvious that the sports and entertainment package wasn't selling. TCM is a staple in our house (7 TV's) and some days it's all we watch. If it weren't very popular they'd have left it alone and moved something else to force us into an additional $10 per month. My current bill with cable, Internet and phone bundled is $250 per month which is our limit. We like most of you are looking for alternatives to be free of Comcast and as soon as we've figured a way out we're dumping them.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

5 years ago

@mariasp wrote:

I am getting YouTubeTV next month.  I've done a lot of research in the past two days trying to figure out what devices I need and how to cut the cord.  I will share what I learned:  First, there are just a few ways to watch TCM and becareful not to confuse TCM with WATCH TCM.  Clark Howard, a TV guy who talks about saving money, has some great help online at  https://clark.com/technology/tvsatellite-cable/streaming-tv-comparison-best-channel-lineup/

After you find the service you are interested in because of channel availability,  go to that provider and read the details about the kind of device you need.  they will list all your choices.  Here's the page from YouTubeTV, for example:   https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129767?hl=en&ref_topic=7071745

Thank you for posting these great resources!  In addition, our Daughter emailed us the following link last evening that has a spreadsheet link that includes even more services than Clarks' website and is a bit easier to scroll thru and find what is and what isn't included in each service:

https://www.cnet.com/news/at-t-now-vs-youtube-tv-vs-sling-tv-vs-hulu-and-more-live-tv-channels-compared/

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Why has The Movie Channel been removed from view? I was told that it's now tied in with the Sports etqork. This is pure insanity. I'm 88 years old. ovies? Yes. sports Network? Are you absolutely crazy to connect these two? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

While I was able to change my channel lineup with a special I still cannot get tcm on all of my televisions because you have to upgrade to the dvd box,

. I am for sure looking at another cable system. . So angry about this 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

When you call Comcast customer service you will be connected to a rep whose first language is not English. The rep is nice and polite and really tries to help but has no clue.  The key is to tell the rep you want to cancel. Then you will be directed to a rep in the US because they don't want to lose your money. This is the only way to speak to a rep in the US. I spoke to the rep in the US who was not helpful. I also messaged on Facebook. It was obvious the response was not from the US. "We found 90% of TCM viewers only watched 2 movies a month".   Comcast is floating various versions of the basis for the change, depending on the creativity of management. We all know the real reason: GREED. I emailed TCM but doubt it will have any affect....Many of the old movies are on youtube for free and better quality. Amazon Prime also stocks old movies.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It's even worse than this. I switched 11 months ago and priced it with TCM being in the bundle I was buying. I'm locked in for 13 more months. I have lived up to my end of the contract, stating with the service and paying my bills, but Comcast doesn't honor their contract and give me the channels I chose at the price agreed. I watch just a few channels and this is one. Now I'm still stuck in a contract that no longer works for me and I am forced to pay more to get back to where I was. Or I can leave and be charged a termination fee. Very unfair, unethical. People hate their cable companies for reasons like these, and Comcast and AT&T need to consider why people are drawn to cord cutting and why public opinion of cable companies is so poor.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am very upset that TCM is no longer available in my Preferred package. This is just a sleezy attempt to extort an additional fee from subscribers. Their lame explanation for moving is nonsense. Since Xfinity does not appreciate their customers, I will be looking into changing carriers.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

All of this was exactly my experience too. I couldn't even understand they first guy. I told him I wanted to leave and he sent me to a US retention rep who me the "two movies a month" nonsense and offered a discount on the sports entertainment package but could apparently not give me the channel or a full credit for the remainder of my 13 month remaining contract term. I just want to get what I signed up for at the price I agreed and they agreed for my contract term. They just won't do it. This does change the price dynamic so that at the end of my term they will have another $10 on their price to compete against the alternatives... One of which will be a cord cutting option.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The whole idea of tying it to sports is really insane. I'm wondering whether money is involved in this crazy idea.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

That's it for me. I will definitely find an alternative to these bums.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

So true. I'm heading to HULU, IMDB.COM, NETFLIX, or one of the other "FREE" channels available via FIRE TV OR ROKU. So long XFIN. Hello saving bucks and getting SATISFACTION!!!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here