mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Rediculous!!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

That was yesterday. Check your statement, you now need the Sports & Entertainment tier you get TCM
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/WHY-IS-COMCAST-CHANGING-TURNER-CLASSIC-MOVIES-TO-SPORTS/m-p/3270704#M106577

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Where did my Turner Classic Movies channel go?  I did not change my service but the channel is gone!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I hae had Turner Classic Movies (TCM) for years.  Beginning a couple of days ago when a change to TCM (channel 51 or 1755) a message on the screen states " NOT AUTORIZED".  Do anyone know why this messaged appears?

Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Check your statement, you now need to add the Sports and Entertainment tier to get TCM. Just started the other day

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Had to sign a 2-year agrement to get service - seems like they should have to honor the package lineup for those 2 years - not get everyone to sign up for one price and then find ways to charge more money for the channels we already had - it's just not a nice thing to do to people. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I paid for a contract which includes TMC....now you have canceled it...Correct....Where is my monthly REFUND?????? I am not recieving a channel which I paid for....soooooo.... I want a refund. Please lower my bill...and NO I don't want a sports package thank You Very Much

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I guess 200.00 bucks a month just is not enough for you. so here comes the remove so called unpopular channels bit. You and anyone else with a brain it won't stop here with this channel if they go unnaposed wait for your channel to be next. You have been warned.

I seriously have to think about keeping this service as I with a lot of other customers have a choice of  services in my area. I can and may cut the cable. I have no use for a sports package you could at least offer it up like the other channels alone.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Trashing TCM in a sports channel tier? It makes no sense.  TCM  shows old movies with excellent acting that puts most modern movies and actors to shame!  I looked forward to watching TCM over and over again.  TCM is an epic channel that exemplifies a historical view of most of our best actors, actresses and movies.  I am very disappointed with this change. I would consider changing to another carrier.  

A sports channel? What lunatic thought of that?  TCM IS A TREASURE TROVE OF SOME OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER MADE.   I hope Comcast reconsiders this disastrous decision.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Why did you deleting TMC from my x1Premier Triple Play package?  Will you be deleting STARZ in the near future?  Why contract for a package if you can delete channels whenever.  Are you going to reduce the price of my service? It was bad enough when you deleted Cinemax and replaced it with HITZ.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The cost of cable or satellite tv is extortionate, and the government really ought to regulate how much these companies can charge for their purposefully designed packages to milk every possible cent out of their customers. I don’t mind paying for what I want, but to be forced to pay a premium for old movies AND to have to wade through what seems like thousands of abhorrent sports channels is too much. I wonder if it bothers you to have your customers so dissatisfied with your product, and only remaining because every other option is awful, too? You can do better, if you want to, which you don’t.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've read many a post today regarding the TCM/Sports Entertainment Package situation, and am completely disgusted with xfinity over this. 

Perhaps they will reconsider when we all start dropping our cable TV service with them.  For many of us there are a number of options from which to choose nowadays, and TCM publishes a list of them on their website. 

So, if xfinity considers this a winning strategy, let the chips fall where they may.  But we are the folks who pay the bills.  Perhaps it is time that we started directing our television entertainment dollars elsewhere! 

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

5 years ago

I'm paying PLENTY for your services now. And now I have to pay extra for TCM? What's more, I have no use for the other channels in this "package". If I can find an alternative to Comcast Cable, I will jump ship. I'm tired of it already!

Contributor

• 

66 Messages

5 years ago

What a rip-off! First they make us pay extra to watch Cinrmax, now we pay extra to watch TCM, and there is nothing else in that "package" that I want to see.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As soon as I can i am going to buy Roku that my best friend was telling me about I'm dumping Comcast you're nothing but a thief movie TCM to your sports channels are you kidding me that is the most stupidest thing I have heard of you explain to me what TCM and sports have in common and then maybe I'll listen until then Comcast you're nothing but a thief and as soon as I can I'm dumping you
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here