mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

OMG!!! Now I am looking into cutting the cable!
I pay almost $200 a month... a senior lady on fixed income and watch TCM classic movies a lot...I hate sports so would never pay xtra to get it. This is absolutely ridiculous because what does TCM have to do with sports!!! We are being forced to pay more to get what we signed up for. I bought the package with TCM and its gone! I have been with Comcast from the beginning and put up with rate hikes but taking away TCM from elderly people who enjoy watching movies from their sentimental years is a disgrace!!!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I put a post on here and got it hidden. But no worries. I'll be contacting my national and state legislators about what I believe to be monopolistic overreach on your part, and will be researching what agencies in Colorado exercise regulatory oversight over you. 

In addition, I will be cancelling my subscription on March 5, when my contract expires unless you reverse this decision - and I've been a subscriber since 2002, paid you over $43K at this point. But I've finally had it. I have a casual interest in sports at best and to be forced to subscribe to a sports package for the sake of the TCM channel is offensive to me as a matter of principle.

Good luck to your $35 million/yr CEO and your $11.3 billion net-profit company. You will be losing my $243 a month come March 2020. 

But them, I'm just a nobody, right? A drop in the bucket. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I am thinking it is time to change services to someone who appreciates their customers and understands serving them.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, this is some business model that Comcast has, remove channels from your esxisting line-up and continue raising rates!  TCM needs an additional subscription to a sports package? Well, that makes a LOT of sence!  You can just see their greedy little fingers trying to pull more dollars out of your pocket!  It's no wonder that the Comcast / Xfinity customer satisfaction numbers have continued to tank faster than most other industries!

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Another poor decision by Comcast.  A couple of months ago they took away Cinemax and gave us a lousy b movie channel Hitz. . Haven't watched one movie on that channel yet. Oh, I'm sorry, thats not a channel its only on demand. Bye bye Cinemax.

Now they take TCM away and ad it to sports. Too much sports now. 

Rethink this Comcast. 

You are just making it easier for customers to switch.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Count me in with those who rather continue to get TCM and give up the sports channels I almost never watch. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am very upset that you have moved the TCM channel to a sports package deal.  Come on, this is ridiculous and not very customer friendly.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Soooooo discusted with Comcast now.  TCM requires additional subscription?  This is the single most irritating utility I deal with, worse than the phone and energy companies!  The Comcast business model, delete channels and incrase rates......  And wihile I'm at it, their equipment is also trash, I'm on my 5th converter box, and my cable modem died so many times their service tech told me I shold go out and buy my own if I wanted reliable internet service.  I really feel sorry for their staff responsible for dealing with the public.  I'm now actively looking or alternatives.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Big corporations w/big executives gettng BIG TAX CUT while consumers are forced to pay BIGGER BUCKS FOR EVEN LESS SERVICE!  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is the 2nd time it was moved up shameful.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

5 years ago

Customer here since 1988.  Everything ends, I guess.  Change will be good.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The  decision to bundle TCM with sports is outrageous.  Please, sports with classic movies.?  Such an odd pairing.  I assume the sports shoe is not doing well.  My wife and probably many others watch TCM on a regular basis.  We will never sign up for this combination.  I am ready to pull the plug on Comcast.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi
I don’t know where you are getting your info that 90% only watch 2 movies a MONTH. As we watch TCM EVERYDAY . Not just for the movies but the historical information that all the host impart. The one question not answered is why put it in a Sports package???? It makes no sense! And what do we get in it place, nothing? Are you going to reduce our bill??

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just wanted to let you know that I will be canceling my TV cable service tomorrow and returning my equipment. I am doing this because I am a) paying too much b) you took a movie channel (TCM) and moved it to a sports package that would cost me $10 more a month. I can have that and all the other channels I want on YouTube TV for less . I am sharing this with you because Comcast needs to know that they are losing customers because of the way they treat those customers.

1 Message

5 years ago

I am currently locked into a contractual term with Comcast. Can anyone tell me if the company has broken that agreement with the TCM/Cinemax shuffle allowing me now to quit dealing with Comcast and find a new alternative to my cable viewing?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here