mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why in the world would Comcast make TCM a subscription along with sports. I don't want the sports subscription. This could be a deal-breaker after being a customer since 1995. We watch TCM, discovery, Travel, History Channel, MSNBC, CNN, a few others and the regular stations that we can get without cable, hardly ever sports. We already pay more than we would like and certainly will not add $10 more.

Disappointed Customer

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

To answer a couple of questions: someone mentioned about paying the extra $2/ mo. Not so, the sports package is $10/mo. As far as someone being told that they couldn’t get internet unless they had service is true. I have the smallest package, about $12.50/mo. to be able to use the internet. One other thing. As we all know Disney owns about 67% of Comcast. About 20 years ago Disney bought a popular radio station in NYC, moved it to LI and after several months changed the programming from Pop music to the kids music on the Disney station. When I called I was told the people 50 and older don’t spend the money like the kids do. TCM’s viewers fall mostly into the same age group. Evidently, Disney is anti senior. For tv I use Direct TV who at the very least will make adjustments and concessions.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Shame on you Comcast for moving TCM to Sports. Do you think we TCM viewers are stupid and don't recognize your shameless money grab? Adding my opinion in hopes Comcast reverses this regrettable decision. Bring back TCM!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I will be dumping you shortly! You took away one of the channels that is in the package I paid for.  You didn't even give me a warning. I will not give you  warning when I set your equipment on the porch for you to come pick up.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

TCM is one of the very few channels that my mother actually watches on TV. She was SO angry today when she learned about this. She will never subscribe to the new package

We already have monthly subscriptions to Hulu ($5.99), Netflix ($12.99) and Amazon Prime ($12.99). And there are new streaming services from Disney+ ($6.99), HBO Max ($14.99) and Apple TV ($4.99) coming out soon. Disney even offers a bundle package: Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99!

The combined price of all these platforms is LESS than what we currently pay per month to Comcast, which is $150+.

My family is officially done with cable. 

Goodbye, Comcast TV.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I want the channels I signed up for, for remainder of my 2 year contract, no more no less! I want my TCM back!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast, so much has been stated about Turner Classic Movies being moved to the Sport Package in October.  I don't understand your justification, as TCM is clearly a movie channel.  I have had Comcast for over 30 years and seen a lot of good channels lost over the years.  I pay $280 a month for my triple play and if anything I will look at ways to reduce my costs, not increase them by adding another package (sports or wherever TCM ends up going to).  

I think the TCM move maybe the straw that breaks the camel's back.  AlI summer long I have been targetted by the Comcast's competition offering me cheaper prices for faster internet 200MB/200MB vs my 105MB/20MB and as many or more TV channels & phone service.  Problem is, I am a loyal Comcast customer, the kind they count on being able to raise their prices on every year after year (by $10/yr).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is a completely ridiculous lineup change unless your Comcast who is wanting to goose revenue. We already have a subscription with a robust package of channels we don’t watch; pay way north of $200 per month; and watch TCM regularly. Perhaps it is time to ditch Comcast and I will start investigating alternatives.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

Looking at the Xfinity package that iis now includeds TCM, I already get most of the channels that are budled (except CMT and now TCM). So why should I subscribe to a package that I already have most of the channels for? It would give me one additional sports channel that I could gladly live without. So basically I would be paying for the one channel I want.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just discovered this ripoff regarding Turner Classic Movies.  This is the second movie channel that Comcast has dropped from my subscription.  Earlier this year they dropped MGM. I am on the downside of a 2 year commitment on a 4 part bundle that I pay way too much for. I will be researching options and replace all services I receive from Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How much of a reduction in my bill is coming since you removed TCM?  .  It never finished each question it asked and then hung up on me 5 times.  Finally i arranged a call back and that lady hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor.    I am awaiting an immediate call back from management. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

I just bought a RoKu device.  I am cutting all Comcast services.  I subscribed to Sling and got all the channels I wanted DVR and turner classic movies for 68.39 + tax.

just cut the cord now and save yourself the hassle of working with this corrupt company.

Contributor

• 

89 Messages

5 years ago

I had the Sports and Entertainment Pacakge in order to get TCM and  HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc and I don't watch sports at all. Anyway, the "promotion" that i had expired last month and my bill went up 15%. I went tot the local Comcast office and got a new promation, Super Triple Play, which includes the Sports and Entertainment Package for about the same cost as I was paying before. So why was I unable to watch Turner Classics on Friday evening? They were running some Japanese horror movies that I would have liked to see but all I got was "Subscription Required".  I was going to call Comcast this morning but I checked and Turner Classics was available again. Can't they even transition the channel without having it unavailable for that day? I also thiink there is some difference in the way that TCM is now received by the cable box, but that could be a new topic someday.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

LOL. Still laughing. Of course you hid my post. No surprise there. I became angry about you putting TCM into a sports package that I neither want nor need, and then charging me another $10 a month for it. I mentioned I would be pursuing the complaint with my national and state legislators and also mentioned that I found out when my contract is done and that unless you reverse this action, I will be leaving you at that time. Comcast isn't for its customers. Nor it is for its workers. The only people it cares about, apparently, are its shareholders, who according to Comcast's 10K report had net profits of $11.3 billion in 2018, as well as a CEO who 'earned' $35 million. So there you have it. Hide again.

But this ISN'T resolved, and Comcast will be losing money over this decision in the long term. I've been a customer since 2002, and have paid you over $43K in that time for cable, internet and landline services, and presently (with the sports package being forced down my throat) pay you $243 a month. But you won't have that after this coming March 5 when my contract is up. Not unless you reverse this decision.

So happy, happy. Feel free to hide again. And again. And again...cause I'll keep coming back.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The answer is Comcast wants more money @$9.99+
They are hoping customers will want TCM and pay for it.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here