mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Putting TCM In the Sports Package ? Did someone get fired for that executive decision ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Already done that...twice and still no response.

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

@wjl1 wrote:

I was just beginning to think that Comcast had gotten the message: treating customers like dirt is bad business.

I was wrong.

Comcast, pulling TCM off Extended Basic was a bad idea, and your "explanations" don't make sense.  If no one watches it, why are there HUNDREDS of forum posts on the issue just over the last few days?

It sure looks like just another money grab.

Bill

YES - and for every one comment seen here, there are probably 100 more that did not publish their comment.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Do something useful and put TCM back where it belongs.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I hope xfinity will reconsider this decision

Most people who enjoy TCM are not interested in a sports package. If you must move it then include it in a more logical grouping. This one is just plain stupid.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

By their own admission, then, 10 % of viewers watch more than two movies per month. That’s not a little, that’s a lot.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

5 years ago

@wgschaub wrote:

Do something useful and put TCM back where it belongs.

NFL Red Zone must have been a poor decision and they are trying to cut their losses at your expense.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Because Comcast is a crooked, scummy organization that is overdue for breakup by the government.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We have had TCMHD since we've switched to xfinity. Now they have put that channel in their Sports Package. Same crowd, TCM and Sports ? REALLY ?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Heh, heh. This is just what I needed, another outrage. I had a deal with my family that after Comcast lowered the native source resolution to 720p, if they did one more thing like this we would cancel service. Guess what? I win. Were canceling service. HAHAHAHAHA!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I read your statement, and what I got out of it is your sports package is not doing well so you tried to bundle thinking I and others would pay and a unreasonable amount for one channel. Rethink or you will lose more customers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am amazed by this TCM move and, if it is not reversed, I will find a new provider for all services.  I will start my search in one week unless this change is reversed by that time.

Michael Raschko

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

you've just given many of us one more reason to cut the cord. Sling here I come.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

By forcing someone to subscribe to a Sports Package (for an additional $9.95 per month) in order to watch Classic Movies, you (Comcast) have just proved how little you understand your subscribers and how much you value money over that of Customer service, loyalty & satisfaction.

So congratulations are due - you have just set me, a triple-play subscriber on the path to 'cutting the cable'!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

TCM is one of the few things we regularly watch.  We will look to leave Comcast as they dont to much right except raise prices.  Frankly, if Verizon FOIS was avaialbe here I would be gone already.  Hopefully 5G will foster some competition.    Comcast is bad - I would use stronger words but they wont post.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here