mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Been waiting to talk to costumer service for over 4 hours about TCM! Totally disgusted with xfinity 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

The only reason we've kept them this long is because of TCM.  Now that they've removed that obstacle, they've lost a TV customer for good!  

Monday morning, I'll hand in our DVR and cancel my TV service, which will cut the bill by 2/3.  We already have Netflix, Gaia and Amazon Prime, and I'll sign up for Usenet, where you can download jsut about anything FREE and LEGAL.  

Since all they care about is money --- HIT THEM IN THE PROFITS. 

#FREETCM

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

And that's the propaganda we're told to tell you people. The truth is our executives want larger bonuses and you get to give it to them.

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Hello All! The cost of programming generally continues to rise - in fact, our programming costs have more than doubled since 2006 - which can affect your bill. We absorb a large portion of these cost increases and are doing our best to manage them while still giving you the best value we can. While this change won’t cause the prices to go down on existing packages, it will help reduce the speed at which they go up. We have passed along everyones feedback regarding this as well.

We appreciate and value you all for choosing Comcast as your service provider. We can't thank you enough for your loyalty and we hope to continue our relationship with all of you for many years to come.

Thank you for reaching out to our Forums!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

And if you don't like that answer, go somewhere else. We don't really card what you think. We just worry about our profits.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I could find at least 34 other Channels that no one watches that I'm forced to keep. The one redeeming channel they take away. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

A bald faced lie. Comcast is going to lose money from this move of TCM to a sports tier.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I've been paying $200/month for voice, internet and cable and have been with Comcast/Xfinity since 1998!  They are the only cable company in my area so they can extort whatever they want.  The only TV I watch with any regularity is TCM and if it was available another way, I would ditch the Xfinity thieves in a moment.  Yesterday I caved and added the Sports Package for $10 MORE per month.  Found out today that I can only watch TCM on main set, not on bedroom tv because my "cable box is too old" and Xfinity will be happy to upgrade it for me for an additional $10 a month.  Yeah, right. Not happening.  Xfinity, I am researching streaming options and when I get it set up-  we are FINISHED with you and your extortion.   https://flixed.io/watch-tcm-without-cable/

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Outrageous.  I'm seriously considering going back to my antenna.

Bundling TCM with sports is inane.

In addition, my internet is slower and the Xfinity speed test gives numbers that don't match up with other speed tests I run.

A den of thieves.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am so upset that one of my favorite channels is no longer available except on a sports package, which makes no sense.  I have been a loyal customer who pays on time for many years.  I have many , many stations I do not want, but am charged an exorbitant amount for them.  But one of the stations I do want and watch you take away and add to a location which is unexplainable.  The decisions Comcast makes should reflect customer wishes, not management arbitrary ideas.  If you ask customers you would find out what decisions about programming would be wisest.  I will soon be looking elsewhere.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

i agree. thought i was getting tmc, instead the company tricked me into buying tmce channel 590. what a scam. i guess i need to cut back

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Sports and TCMovies??????? I think they WANT me to look in other providers. It's bad enough you have to pay that sports fee, and I don't even  like sports. SMH

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Removed by me for violating forum guidelinesWe have been a customer of Comcast for over 20 years and pay our bill on time every month. One of the main programs that we watch is TCM. We pay for countless channels under our package that we do not want or watch but TCM was one of our major favorites. We turn on TCM las night and it now says we need a subscription and to upgrade. Are they serious? And on top of everything else they moved it to a Sports Entertainment package which we certainly dont want. To say that we are upset is an understatement.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am in agreement. Everyone pays a huge fee for TV and expects to keep the same channels that they normally have. Many senior citizens watch TCM. I’m sure the Comcast realizes this. I’m extremely disappointed that they would remove this from the lineup especially as it directly impacts senior citizens. I’m shaking my head in disbelief. If they wanted to move something then why not make stations that are in different languages a package that is paid for. This way the majority of us aren’t paying for stations that we don’t watch. Those that watch stations in different languages would have the opportunity to get it by paying for a package. So if it’s a money issue for Comcast why not give us back TCM and make these foreign languages stations a money making package.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I, for one, watch TCM frequently and am outraged that it is now a pay channel.  I do not watch that much sports, ususally Colorado Avalanche, which has not been shown due to contract disputes with Altitude TV, and some college football.  I do not need foreign language channels that are forced on us, so I am researching my "contract" with xfinity and will likely "cut the cord" and go with something else.  Netflix and Hulu are looking very enticing.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am so angry about this.  That was my favorite channel.  I will be cancelling Comcast and going to a better service.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here