U

Monday, December 4th, 2023 6:26 AM

Closed

Why is channel 197 gone?

As of last week channel 197 is no longer available. Only an announcement of something new coming. We don't want something new we want KEMS back.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

I sent KEMS an e-mail yesterday for an explanation but the current/new Xfinity channel listing  shows that 197 is now KICU. If KEMS responds I'll post here. If you're looking for Korean dramas, you might want to try the KOCOWA subscription website. I signed up yesterday assuming KEMS is history. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Mickeyone007​ 

I got a group response from KEMS:

Hello all loyal viewers,
Thank you so much for watching KEMS over the many years.
We're so proud of the work we've done over 17 years for viewers of Korean Broadcasting in N. CA.
I have decided to retire from my position as the head of broadcasting operations effective the end of this year.  However I know a new Korean broadcast will be launched soon.

With best wishes,
Yoohyang Kim Yu  Chief Operating Officer

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

10 months ago

KEMS posted this on their website:

DEAR KEMS VIEWERS,
WITH A BITTERSWEET SENTIMENT, WE ANNOUNCE THE CLOSURE OF KEMS TV.

AS WE REFLECT ON THE JOURNEY OF OUR KOREAN ENTERTAINMENT BROADCAST OVER THE PAST DECADES, WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT. YOU HAVE BEEN THE HEARTBEAT OF OUR CHANNEL, AND WE HOPE WE BROUGHT A BIT OF JOY INTO YOUR HOME THROUGHOUT THESE YEARS.
THANK YOU FOR BEING AN INTEGRAL PART OF OUR BROADCAST FAMILY,
KEMS 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 months ago

Hi there @user_jj0zub!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can.  When you access the channel, can you tell us what you see on the screen?  Are you displaying any error messages or codes?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here