rdp55's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 7:47 PM

what is the refund amount they are giving for the loss of Bally Sports in thier line up

what is the refund amount they are giving for the loss of Bally Sports in  the line up

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

rdp55 That is a great question thank you so much for your post. With our agreement with Bally Sports not being renewed all customers with Bally Sports will proactively receive credit, the amount depends on your package and the features that provided you access to Bally Sports so the specific amount could be different for each customer. Keep an eye out for your next bill for as this change to place on April 30, 2024, the adjustments will be applied to the bill afterward. I hope that information helps!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I just received "the bill afterward" (as referenced above by XfinityAmandaB) for services from May 14, 2024 to June 13, 2024, and it contains NO credit for the absence of Bally Sports Network since May 1, 2024.

Again, when will the credit appear on my bill?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @SimpletonSez! I would like to take a look at your billing statement. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Same thing for me.  I do not see the direct message icon.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityTy​ 

I am viewing the forum via iPad and do not see a "direct message" icon.  Is there a way that I can email YOU or Xfinity Support directly?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@SimpletonSez​ I did not receive the credit as well

1 Message

3 months ago

What is the alternative to Bally Sports for watching Braves games?

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

There is no alterative. Bally's are the only ones who have local game rights. If Comcast doesn't cut a deal [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Or pay $19.99 a month for Bally's standalone streaming service.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hi there, @rdp55! Thank you for reaching out about watching the Braves games. Customers can visit fubotv.com/offer for a 30% discount on Fubo’s Pro and Elite video tiers. Both tiers include the Bally’s Sports channel. This exclusive offer includes a free trial period. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@1225​ That doesn't work. Signed up for Bally but games are blacked out ( Braves - Southeast  because MLB has the rights even talked on the phone to someone at Bally )   I have MLB free thru T-Mobile but also blacked out because Bally has the Broadcast Rights in southeast.  The only way to get the games is thru FUBO at the $79 per month package and with fees and taxes  it's really $90+ per month.

What a ripoff of your customers. I really doubt that a 30% discount on Fubo's Pro and Elite tiers are going to save anything.

I think that Xfinity should rebate all CEO and executive bonuses to their customers!

I'm waiting for AT&T to finish laying fiber thru  our neighborhood. May have to go with AT&T ( no Bally channels either ) for internet service and Fubo for TV service to get reasonable pricing back .

Official Employee

• 

823 Messages

Hi there, @bob_pe! We know that getting games from your favorite teams is important. Have you checked out the offer earlier in this thread? fubotv.com/offer

4 Messages

@XfinityFrank  - I do not effing care about other offers. Xfinity made a clear statement that there would be a 8-10 dollar credit on everyone's bills. Why is it so difficult to just do that? Do people over there not know how to use computers? A 3 year old would give better customer service.....

1 Message

2 months ago

I received my bill and did not show a credit.  I reach out via virtual chat with Xfinity and was told there is no credit.  Then was told i would see a one time $10 credit.  

1 Message

I have not received ANY credit or adjustments 

4 Messages

@user_z209qk​ complete [edit : Language] that they can't handle this right. I just got off a chat where someone said it cost 6.99, so I asked for a 6.99 credit....got 5.99. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_z209qk. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your concerns regarding a credit on your account. Yes, we will proactively credit customers for the loss of their Bally Sports network content in the coming weeks.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ 

that's what was said way back on April 30 ... then my May bill came and still shows I'm paying for services that I no longer get/got .... I know it's only 5 or 10 dollars ... but multiplied by millions = a hefty amount of change in somebody's pocket ... and how many of those people really pay attention to their bill .... how many more DON'T know .... Comcast is banking on this assumption ... otherwise how can you explain why it's taken so long to take this charge off the bills ... doesn't take months to put a charge on the bill

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityRoberto​ Please DO tell us more about what that means. "In the coming weeks" meaning you can't go back in time and do it on this month's bill like you should have?

4 Messages

2 months ago

Will someone from Xfinity please explain why this is so difficult? None of your chat agents seems to understand what is happening. I don't understand why it is so difficult to explain to people what the amount of the credit will be and when they are expected show up. This isn't rocket science, yet Xfinity seems to thrive at turning something pretty trivial into what amounts to a painful process for both Xfinity employees and customers alike. You guys know what the cost of Bally's is, even with all the different packages. Be up front with your customers.

From an article published on May 1.

“We’d like to continue carrying their networks, but they have declined multiple offers and now we no longer have the rights to this programming. We will proactively credit our customers for the costs associated with them — most will automatically receive $8 to 10 per month in credits.”

Notice the statement says "proactively".

Xfinity - you are failing real hard on this. This is why so many people hate you guys. 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

2 months ago

I'VE HAD XFINITY FOR 36 YEARS. i JUST GOT A NEW BILL TODAY MAY 18th AND NO CREDIT WAS GIVEN FOR THE LOSS OF BALLY SPORTS ON YOUR BILL....SAME AMOUNT AS EVERY MONTH!
WHY DO I NOT HAVE A CREDIT.I ALSO SHOULD HAVE HAD A CREDITFOR LAST MONTH. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

let me see if I got this correct  .... Bally Sports canceled on April 30 ... Comcast says the NEXT bill will reflect the change .... May bill comes and still paying for it ... (credit of $10 ???) .... June bill comes and still paying for it ... (credit of $10+$10=$20 ???) ... July bill comes and still paying for it (credit of $10+$10+$10=$30 ???) ....

meanwhile, Comcast still says just wait till next month, you'll see the change ...

5 Messages

Just subtract the $10 per month from your bill payment until this is fixed.  If everyone does this, maybe they will pay attention.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5/29/24 ... this just in from Xfinity ... you'll see a $1.65 Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee credit applied to your bill for the recent loss of Bally Sports ....  ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ... I paid $11.99 a month for that service and all you can offer me is $1.65 ... how about you take your $1.65 and put it where the sun don't shine ... do not expect me to renew my contract when it is up ... going back to AT&T ... faster speed, unlimited DVR (at no additional charge) ... everything I am getting now (plus a few channels more), for about half the price of what I'm paying you bunch of scammers

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_57f798 I am sorry for how you are feeling at the moment. I would be happy to take a look at your account. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

No deduction in billing for 2months on Bally sports when do you plan on the refunds on accounts ? 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@shellypineau1 I understand the frustration with losing a network you enjoy. In April of this year, our agreement with DSG to carry its RSN Bally Sports expired. As a result, we are no longer authorized to carry Bally Sports with Xfinity or Comcast Business, including any related programming on Xfinity Stream. Between May 28 and June 7, customers will see an RSN fee credit applied to their bill for the loss of this channel from their lineup, along with an associated bill message. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

When will Comcast get their act together and settle this issue. You are bleeding customers because of it. 

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

b4d, thank you for using the Community Forums page. We do hope that we are able to come to an agreement soon for our customers to regain access to their favorite programming.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ If the same people who are running your billing dept. are the ones negotiating with Bally, I'm going to say reaching an agreement is not likely. I'd bet on Xfinity to not return calls, deflect all questions and promise what they could but won't deliver.

1 Message

2 months ago

No credit on our bill either!

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

It seems they're not going to bother taking the RSN charge off anyone's bill or crediting us for the money we've already paid them for a service they won't let us watch. My bill for June still has the RSN fee on there, despite not getting to watch the games for six weeks by the time it's due! Comcast is basically daring us to cancel or sue, knowing that most won't do either out of sheer inertia.

1 Message

2 months ago

No credit on my bill either!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_kfgv1b  Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. Our customers will receive an automatic credit on their bill in the coming weeks due to the expiration of the Diamond Sports Group (DSG) programming agreement, which includes Bally Sports. Comcast has made reasonable offers to DSG that were not accepted, resulting in the loss of the rights to carry their channels. Please continue to review your statement for future updates. 

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

When? And how much? Very simple questions.  Just through us a crumb and answer the questions.  Coming weeks? It's been 4 weeks. Answer the turn questions. 

1 Message

2 months ago

I also received no credit for the past 2 months, and we have no way to watch the Rays games without paying for another streaming service.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Xfinity is not talking about the debacle they have created, and I have not seen any billing information except for a statement that subscriber's billing would be reduced. Mine has not been reduced.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_ejyejg I would be happy to review your billing, and also check in on adjustements being made. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

5 Messages

2 months ago

Ii have seen no discount since this announcement.  Where’s my discount?

5 Messages

I will just subtract the $8-10 from my account payment since you have not taken that amount off, and I have now received a June bill.  You can do better than this!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Simple solution.  I'll be switching to ATT fiber optic internet with Direct TV.   I have  a condo that uses Hotwire and they have no problem airing Bally and Sunsports.  Complete scam

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I just got off the phone with 4 different Indian guys and finally got my 13.50 x 3 discount applied as a credit (April, May and upcoming June bill) and, allegedly, he removed the 'Regional Sports Fee' off of my bill altogether....   stay tuned!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 month ago

I got the credit on my May bill then my next June bill I did not. So I text xfinity and they will  credit my July bill. I thought this was all bills each month because they canceled the bally channel. Because this BS of I have text them each month for a credit. 😡😡😡😡😡

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I wouldn’t expect much from Xfinity going forward. They have removed all personal interaction, and expect us to deal with a totally incapable virtual agent for any questions or issues. I wish we had an alternative, but most of us don’t. The Bally Sports credit is not worth chasing.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Got my discount and the catch-up discount (13.50 per month x 4 months now)  via their chat line, which is only slightly less irritating than calling and talking to a foreigner .......   looks like I'm going to have to keep coming back every month because, despite their promises of taking it off my bill permanently, it shows up every month

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@kayak123​ You were lucky.  They keep telling me it's only a ONE TIME credit not monthly even though I showed them the email that says monthly and refuse to give me anything other than the one month credit.

2 Messages

28 days ago

Brian Roberts CEO Comcast,

I'm embarrassed by the lack of communication from your company. As a retired 23 year past

employee  I can not speak with a live agent about my bill. All I need is someone to answer the questions I have.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

scumbags from India cant talk worth shit

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_ejxcq3 Thank you for reaching out so we can answer your billing questions! It would be a pleasure to help a former team mate :) Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here