U

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 10:57 AM

Weather Channel showing wrong city

The weather channel started showing today that my city is Okeechobee instead of where I live in Stuart, FL.    This doesn’t make any sense. Different town and different county.  Nothing changed to my cable setup except this.  This is when the weather does weather on the 8’s and shows your local weather.  How do I get it back to Stuart?   

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

3 months ago

I am having the same problem. I live in Palm City and have always had the Stuart weather (Martin County). A few days ago it changed to Vero Beach in Indian River county, 60 miles north of Martin County. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

user_ptqa8z & @wdinpcflThank you both for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m sorry to hear about the confusion with your local weather updates. Let’s work on getting it back to showing your locations.

Here are some steps you can try:
On Your Cable Box:
  1. Check Location Settings: Go to the menu settings on your cable box and look for location settings or zip code input. Make sure it is set to your area.
  2. Restart Your Cable Box: Sometimes a simple restart can fix location errors. Unplug your cable box, wait for about 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
  3. Update Your Zip Code:
    • Navigate to the weather channel or your cable provider’s settings.
    • Enter your correct zip code.

If the above does not work, please let us know so that we can explore this issue together. Thank you  

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ 

I followed your instructions and this is what I found.

1. There is no "location" settings" in the cable box menu. My account info in the cable box menu has my correct zip code.

2. I have restarted my cable box numerous times and with no change.

3. There no option on the Weather Channel to update a zip code. My cable provider, Xfinity, has my correct zip code.

Official Employee

• 

775 Messages

Thank you so much for sharing all those details you tried, wdinpcfl! Can you please send us a DM to ensure we further troubleshoot with you directly? 
Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ I went to menu my xfinity remote and do not see location settings.    I looked under each heading: notifications , my account, accessibility settings, preferences, device settings, etc and no location settings.   Still not showing me in Stuart for the weather channel. My neighbor told me she is now having it show she lives in Vero Beach whereas it shows me in Okeechobee.  We live next door to be another in Stuart.  Neither of us changes anything.  Please help.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_ptqa8z Thanks for trying. Can you please send us a Direct Message, so we may assist? We look forward to your message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityAdrienne​  How doninswnd a direct message?  I do not see hat option in the app 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I have been having the same issue since June 18, 2024, the weather channel started showing that my city is “Okeechobee” instead “Stuart, FL”, as it has for eleven years.  Nothing changed to my cable setup except this.  When the weather does local weather on the 8’s, it shows your local weather, but is not reflecting my accurate local cities in Martin County.  How do I get it back to Stuart?  I contacted Customer Service numerous times, reset the cable box at least 10 times, and even opened a Support Ticket, but an Xfinity rep has not yet responded, nor is this issue resolved!  Please HELP!  

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

@user_ufqym7​ 

As you know I have the same issues. I live in an HOA community with over 500 homes under a contract with Xfinity. I  have contacted many of my neighbors and they have the same problem. I am getting tired of the same instructions being given to other people that I have already gone through and posted the results.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

Yesterday July 3rd, the Weather Channel returned to the correct coverage for my area (Stuart, Martin County, Florida). I would like to know what the problem was. 

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

@wdinpcfl I am not seeing anything indicating there was an issue on our end. From my experience with working with these types of situations in the past, the culprit is typically with the WeatherStar service and getting the correct local updates. When a specific location is not reporting correctly, the service will provide information about the nearest town it is getting information on. 

1 Message

3 months ago

I don't get any local weather anymore. The Local on the Eights shows only the generic east, south, north, and west areas of the country, and the scroll at the bottom is now only US cities alphabetically. This has been a problem for a week now, and without local weather, this channel is worthless.

So don't tell me to unplug anything--I already have, multiple times. There's no "location" anywhere, or zip cide. So don't even mention these things. I know you're a robot and not a real person; all the chats are robotic and very limited.

So does any human at Xfinity have any useful information?     

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out. Are you still experiencing these issues? Have you tried the steps above that XfinityChristy mentioned? If so, what was the outcome? 

1 Message

3 months ago

I'm having the same problem so I hope you post the fix, if you find it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_rauhhy  Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue. Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps above? If you have without success, please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

3 months ago

Weather Channel is dying 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here