Imsleepy's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, July 24th, 2023 11:17 PM

Closed

"We were unable to link Peacock to your account. You may already have Peacock Premium. Learn More"

I am Xfinity platinum through Xfinity internet.

I tried to get the free Peacock when it was announced late June and the first time, didn't work. I contacted agent who said to use my Xfinity username to sign in and use my credit card to sign up as Xfinity would reimburse the $4.99 monthly. I signed up and after a day, didn't really believe every month Xfinity would provide a $4.99 reduction on my monthly bill (they took 3 months to resolve discount for paying with bank account vs credit card). I canceled the peacock plan but as it is with a streaming service, you can view peacock until end of that month, which is Aug. 3, 2023.

I tried to activate/associate the Xfinity reward again today and got the above referenced message.

I contacted an agent who said there is an ongoing issue even though I told him per this community, it was resolved 2 hours ago. He said the issue was not resolved.

My plan is now to wait until Aug. 4, 2023 to see I can activate this free reward.

I am not understanding why this is so difficult -- why couldn't Xfinity and Peacock get this resolved so that even though I may have an existing Peacock account, if the email matches, switch the account to the free version?

Does anyone have advice on next steps?

1 Message

11 months ago

Did it work on Aug 4?

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_8a17c1​ No. I was told to wait until after Sep 1 when my primary account at Peacock expired. I can’t understand why Xfinity and Peacock can’t just add the free subscription to start after Sep 1. 

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

Hello @user_8a17c1 Sorry to hear you are having trouble redeeming. It is true that if you already have a paid Peacock subscription, you may need to cancel your existing subscription before activating Peacock. We have more information on the changes and process that you can view here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs If you need any help or have any questions, let us know! Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here