W

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, April 16th, 2022 5:00 PM

Closed

Volume fluctuation on Xfinity cable box.

I'm having the exact issue as member thebeans66 posted on Nov 16, 2021. It started with streaming X1 box, so I thinking it was the box I returned it and got another box from the Xfinity store. Still had the volume problem. So I then got a new 4k DVR cable box, and I still have the same issue.

Quoting from "thebeans66" post: since installing the new X1 box I have inconsistent volume.  Most channels are fine most of the time.  But some channels are way lower volume and some will be way louder.  Also commercials frequently have low volume.  I will be watching a show and the volume is fine and as soon as a commercial comes on, the volume will drop to super low.  Then sometimes the next commercial will also be low or sometimes it will be normal volume.  The volume never changes in the middle of a show or in the middle of a commercial.  It is always just as a commercial starts or ends.  Most times a channel that has  volume different than most will be lower than most of the others but sometimes I'll be changing channels and a channel will have way louder volume than the others. End quote.

A service technician was here on April 14. And could not fix the problem and blamed it on the box firmware and he would notify his supervisor the resolve the problem. 

I haven't heard anything and still have volume problems. 

Can someone help?

Thanks

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

2 years ago

@wfd8780

Hi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this concern here to our Xfinity Forums. I can definitely appreicate how fluctuating volume could be frustrating and we want to be sure this is resolved for you. I understand that you have already had technicians out there to work on this so let’s take a look at what notes were left and we are also able to check the firmware just in case that needs to be updated.

Can you send us a direct message so I can gather some account information, please?
Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityDevin​ 

HELP!

I’m having the same issues with volume. It goes to 99, then I’m unable to turn it down. The remote only works in increments of one diget at a time to lower the volume. When I try to lower past 20 it scrolls all the way down to zero. The remote that came with the tv does the same thing in regards to volume. I believe it’s the hardware/firmware or software. I started having this problem when I changed my email address on Roku to my Google email, since then it’s been horrible. I feel as though I’ve been hacked. I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting, unpaired my remote, reset the modem, router, and paired my remote again. The remote works, other than the volume. It’s crazy! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here