Tardo317's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, July 15th, 2023 6:45 PM

Closed

Using Free Peacock Premium From Comcast Means You Can't Upgrade to Ad-Free Premium Plus

Finally received a banner for Free Peacock Premium and was able to initiate the benefit on Peacock successfully.  I know I'm one of the few.  But I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that offer if you would like Ad-Free Peacock Premium Plus.  Because once you've signed up for Peacock Premium thru Comcast, there's no way to upgrade your account to Ad-Free Peacock Premium Plus.  Peacock does not provide a $5.00 option to upgrade like it had in the past.  It now points to Xfinity as the only way to "manage" your Peacock account.  And there is no way on Comcast/Xfinity to upgrade your Peacock account to Ad-Free Peacock Premium Plus.  So, if you take advantage of the Comcast offer for Free Peacock Premium you're stuck having to watch ads.  Period.  

If you think about it, since Comcast/Xfinity/Peacock are all under the same company, it's a win win situation for them.  Use the Free Comcast Premium plan and be forced to watch their ads therefore strengthening their ad revenue from advertisers, they win.  Bypass the Comcast offer and pay the $10.00 per month directly to Peacock for Ad-Free Premium Plus, they win.  I'd say it was a brilliant scam but based on what we've seen from the Comcast/Peacock fiasco, I just don't think they're that smart...

I'm gonna sit back and watch for a while but I can see myself opening a new account with Peacock and pay $10.00 for Ad-Free Premium Plus very soon.  Then it's time to consider moving on from Comcast after decades of being a customer.  I've long been thinking about it anyway and this Comcast/Peacock nightmare is probably the last straw.  So Comcast loses a $300.00+ a month customer for a $5.00 issue.  Again, they're just not that smart...

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This has been my exact experience/sentiment.

Isn't it convenient how corporate "incompetence" always benefits them and not the customer/consumer...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for clarifying and finding this out for the rest of us. The free Peacock for gig customers was a disaster so I was so relieved to see the activation banner for myself after a month, but I only do no-ad plans and assumed I can just pay the $5 a month to get that. I hope they add the option soon or get enough complaints to see it's wanted. I'm really considering switching to a different provider as well as the way they do things + their customer support is just horrible. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

Just a note that in August, the monthly ad-free add-on goes up to $6.

6 Messages

@user9840​ That's if you can even access it if you're already on the free plan with Xfinity...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for posting this! I was going insane trying to figure out why I was missing the ability to upgrade to add free. This has to be the most idiotic move, and to get customers so pissed off that they cancel their 'free' plan with Xfinity when they were ALREADY paying for the service on Peacock itself. 

Also, not even the AI bot was helpful on the Xfinity side of things when trying to figure out what my problem was. I literally had to Google, "Does anyone know how to upgrade to Peacock Plus Ad Free on Xfinity? I can't seem to do it." 

I can't believe that anyone thought this would be a good idea to pull on loyal customers. No wonder why Peacock ranks as one of the lowest streamers in the US. 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

1 year ago

another way for Xfinity to get into our wallets 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

1 year ago

ok I give up - not watching ads so just deleted the app.  Apparently Xfinity is not interested in keeping loyal customer happy

3 Messages

Yeah deleted the app as well

1 Message

1 year ago

So there I was, a happy Peacock Premium Plus (Ad-Free) subscriber...  Signed up for a new xfinity internet account and saw that I was eligible to get Peacock Premium (with Ads) included as part of my package, sweet!  So I got the new internet account linked to my recently cancelled Peacock account and was ready to upgrade to ad-free.  No Such Luck...

So I called into xfinity and they advised me to contact Peacock, who in turn advised me to contact xfinity...  Awesome.  Apparently, the only way to "unwind" this [Edited: "Language"] is to go get a Flex Box and hopefully use that to cancel/upgrade my account.  I use an Apple TV for all my streaming so I have absolutely no need/want/desire to have this piece of hardware.  So off to my local xfinity store I go. 

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone else that might need it so you can hopefully skip the steps that I've already taken.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_0bf791​ Apple TV here as well, I agree I don't want a flex box - whoever came up with this "let's give our advertisers a boatload of new folks to watch their commercials idea should be canned along with the Peacock app

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_0bf791 If you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time. However, if you purchased Peacock Premium on your own through the Peacock app on X1 or Flex, you can Manage Your Peacock Subscription via the box to upgrade. We do apologize for any inconvience this may cause, but please let us know if this helps clear up your concern.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_0bf791​ I think this is class action legal territory 

6 Messages

@user_0bf791​ Nope, can't cancel/disconnect it on the flex box either. That's what they told me would work. It doesn't.

1 Message

@XfinityKatie​ how does this solve anything? You're suggesting paying for premium (free with gig speed) and ad-free when it should only be an up charge. This worked fine for a year plus until Xfinity changed things in July. 

Fix the annoying limitations please 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

Don't waste time on the "free" Peacock. If needed, give up the linked account and just use a different email to create a new one. Then just subscribe as normal. Sadly, the special offers they had have expired.

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m equally disgusted with this new Machiavellian policy exclusively for your most loyal customers. I deleted the app to lower my blood pressure. Lol. 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Yep -- I'm dealing with this, too.  Eventually reached an Xfinity supervisor last month and they said that by the 25th of this month, my Xfinity account wouldn't be connected to Peacock anymore, so then I can go ads free through Peacock directly. 

Nope -- it's still connected, and as you accurately pointed out, there is no way to disconnect it. No way to upgrade on Peacock or manage it on Xfinity. No way to disconnect the Xfinity account from controlling the Peacock account.

I want to open a new one w/Peacock too but not lose my show history, etc.  Please let us know if you know of a way.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_007bdd I know that being able to upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus would be ideal. Have you attempted to reach out to Peacock directly to see if they are able to cancel the subscription from us on their end to allow you the option to sign up on your own using the same account?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 year ago

I should have searched here first. I'm so glad I'm not the only one in this boat. We thought we had the best deal in the world - Peacock Premium Ad-Free for only $5/month! Should have known it would be too good to last. I love the OP's comments about win/win situation they probably stumbled into without realizing until probably now. I sure hope they allow us to GIVE THEM MORE MONEY before this promo ends. After multiple chat sessions with both Xfinity and Peacock (both pointing the finger at each other) - sending me to USELESS support articles that I've already read front to back numerous times - and telling me to click links that never work - X1 telling me I don't have any subscriptions (HA!) - I've never worked harder to give someone money in my life. They need to educate their support teams better about this. Or...it's all one big scam. :) #FirstWorldProblems #Bravoholic #TakeMyMoney #IHateHashtags

Ironic Side Note - They wouldn't let me use the word "Peacock" in my username for these forums. Bet you can guess why. :)

6 Messages

@PeacokPremiumPlusPlease​ OMG your username. 🤣 And, right? They're not chomping at the bit to get upgrade fees? Xfinity must be offering them something more valuable...

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Should have read this stuff before I went for this 'free' offer.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Reminder everyone: Getting the Xfinity Flex Box will not solve the problem even if support tells you. I tried this and ended up returning the box the next day. 

6 Messages

True story -- didn't resolve it for me, either.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah, I basically stopped watching Peacock until this is fixed. If it's not fixed, I just won't watch it.

meanwhile, I accidentally subscribed to an ad-supported tier with Hulu and they're helping me out through the entire process.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Thank you for the explanation.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here