U

1 Message

Thursday, July 20th, 2023 6:29 PM

Upgrade from free Xfinity Peacock Premium plan

Hi,

I’m enrolled in the free Peacock Premium account Xfinity offer. I previously paid for a Peacock Premium+ no ads plan, but switched to Xfinitys free offer. I HATE having ads again as they are always such long breaks. I want to upgrade back to paying for a plan with no ads, but cannot find where to do this ANYWHERE. Peacock tells me to go to Xfinity to manage my account/plan and Xfinity tells me to go to Peacock to manage my plan OR do it on my Xfinity streaming flex box (which I don’t have a streaming flex box. I have a Samsung smart tv that streams my Xfinity services directly.) This is maddening trying to figure out! Please help me lol!!

How do I upgrade from the free Peacock premium plan (through Xfinity) to a Peacock premium+ no ads plan?

Thank you so much!

1 Message

7 months ago

This is stupid, but not surprising... Xfinity is anti-consumer through and through. I'm only with them because there aren't any viable alternatives in my area, but with prices increasing for the second time in less than a year, maybe it's time to sacrifice internet speeds for a company that actually treats their customers right.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_cw40a6 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to assist you with your account. If you would like assistance please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Why do we have to an upgrade for Tubi and Peacock

it’s ridiculous what we pay now

1 Message

6 months ago

What a truly dumb and shortsighted implementation! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I’ve spent hours trying to find a way to pay the $12/month for ad free Plus and came to the conclusion that the only way is to create a new Peacock account with an email other than your Comcast.net one.  Unreal that I’m paying $300/month for Xfinity and wanted to pay extra for Plus and they wouldn’t allow it….  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

This is beyond frustrating. Household of seven people, I work four contracts, and my time is so stretched. My husband and I watch one short episode of something a night and it's like pulling teeth to find that time. To have wasted the time to work through bugs to even get this set up (like others, I screwed up in thinking that the premium offer was the same as the premium plus we already had) and then to be horrified by the commercials (so our 24 minute show took over 30), and THEN to try all morning to figure this out, only to learn that there is literally no way to fix my stupid mistake except by creating a new email and a new account that I then will have to change on all our devices...

Please, please, please, please work with your programmers on the xfinity and peacock sides - EITHER to make an easier "undo" for busy people who think they are being gifted a little off a month, and who make the mistake of taking advantage of this rotten offer OR to allow for paid upgrades. After this many months of comments, this should be both possible and prioritized.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_39f4d6​ Amen!,

Sadly I don't think the power that be care enough to help solve this very frustrating situation  

Official Employee

• 

811 Messages

Hello, @Buddy_SF0 thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. It isn't our intention for this to be a frustrating experience, but currently customers who receive free Peacock Premium 

through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs. 

Customers who want the ad free Peacock Premium Plus can sign up for a cost directly at https://www.peacocktv.com/ or through the X1 set-top using a different email address to set up that account. I've worked with customers who have purchased their own as they wanted to not have ads. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

Imagine locking customers in to prevent them from UPGRADING and spending money. If it was a matter of paying the difference think of all the extra revenue. As it is the experience is so awful there’s no incentive to be loyal to Xfinity OR Peacock the blunder is so bad. 

I’ve never had trouble trying to spend money, but I’m certainly not going to create a completely separate account and pay for part of a service I already cover through internet. 

What a joke that Peacock is a subsidiary not even a partner company and they are preventing their own core user base of XFINITY customers from being able to pay for a no-ad membership. 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Wow, what a complete letdown. So we can now upgrade our free Comcast Peacock subscription to Plus... except "Note that a subscription to Peacock Premium Plus must be purchased at the full retail cost ($11.99/month)."

This is no different than creating a new account and upgrading at full price and is absolutely not what we've been asking and waiting for. What a failure, Comcast/Xfinity. No wonder people are leaving in droves. I already cut cable and phone. Once AT&T Fiber/Sonic is available in my area (should be this year), I'm out. 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@ArtemR​ so true, clearly Xfinity doesn't give 2 hoots about long time customers - they actually own Peacock so this response is just a slap in the face. So much for great rewards!

We dropped Xfinity TV for YouTube TV months ago and feel so good about it, locals channels plus the channels we love PLUS UNLIMITED DVR storage

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

ArtemR Unfortunately, there is no discounted upgrade path available from the Comcast provided Peacock Premium offer to Peacock Premium Plus. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 months ago

I got rid of the expensive X1 cable box with DVR  and should save $60 a month plus I own my own Arris Modem instead of renting theirs forever. I got Xumo Streaming box for $20 month which Peacock premium (with ads) so for another $6 I can eliminate all those ads with Peacock Premium PLUS. You get 40 channels Utube , Tubi, 20+ TV & Movie channels.  We have to get used to not selecting news channels by numbers but that's OK just select the channel from the menu and add to favorites with the (+) key.  So I'll be able to see my list: History Channel, Military channels, Discovery Channel, Fox channels etc. Next I will check out Hulu or Sling for live local TV channels. Most of the Xumo streaming news seems to be from years ago, like Dateline, Mystery shows, Paranormal are old episodes. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I can’t believe I came here looking for help on what I thought was a glitch in the Peacock app, only to find out that people have been voicing their frustration on the lack of an upgrade path for months. 

After putting up with the slowed speeds, data caps, outages, and horrible customer service issues from Comcast/Xfinity for years, this might be the last straw. I’m going to be looking for a new provider such as AT&T, more and more companies are selling gig speeds nowadays. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us user_8lsyzm! Initially, there was not an option to upgrade Peacock Premium to Premium Plus if customers received Premium for free by being a Platinum or Diamond Rewards member and/or being subscribed to a Gigabit internet speed tier or higher.

This was changed on 3/1/24. Are you currently unable to upgrade to Premium Plus?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Hi there, I just spent 45 minutes with chat support trying to verify this change on 3/1/24 that Diamond Rewards members like me can use the free Peacock Premium offer and pay an add on for Plus and commercial free access, and I was told that was not possible and no changes were made on 3/1 and that there is nothing imminent.

could you point me in the correct direction on where online there is written documentation of this change or instructions on how to go about executing this on  my existing paid account?

thanks, I appreciate it!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello Selat, thank you for reaching out regarding your Peacock Premium Plus interest. Those no commercials are pretty sweet, so I get why you're looking to get this taken care of. Have you already been able to redeem your Peacock Premium reward and activate your Peacock Premium account? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

This is bull, Xfinity customers who receive Peacock with ads for free should have the right to upgrade to the no ads feature for an extra fee instead of purchasing a new subscription.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@d1ngotron​ true, as we have seen Xfinity simply doe snot care what existing customer think 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @d1ngotron. If you receive Peacock Premium through one of the promotions outlined above (as a NOW TV, Gigabit Internet or Xfinity Rewards Diamond or Platinum customer), you can now upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus from your online account by following these steps. Note that a subscription to Peacock Premium Plus must be purchased at the full retail cost ($11.99 per month).

1 Message

When I click on Entertainment Management (step#1) the link is broken.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_7b4f3a- Have you tried clearing cache and cookies on your device?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Please let me know.  I've been trying for over a year.  I feel like a ping-pong ball.

Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here