U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, March 30th, 2022 5:46 PM

Closed

TV Remote

My XR2 Remote menu is in Spanish and I can't get it to go back to English. When I press the menu button it only shows Spanish.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

142 Messages

2 years ago

Take your remote and go to the gear all the way on the right. Select it and I think it's the 7th choice,since your in Spanish. But that's where you can change display.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

On my XR2 remote, XFINITY is the menu button. There is no gear symbol (settings) in the on-screen menu or the remote. My TV box is a Digital Adapter (DTA). My Menu choices are in Español, the first is options (in Spanish) and shows language as Español, I am afraid to highlight this and press OK on the remote as it might change everything to Spanish. My audio is English, the Channel Guide is in English except for the date in Spanish, and Channel Info is a mixture of Spanish and English. Any additional help is appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hello @user_c52e2c I hate to hear that your XR2 remote is still giving you issues. I would like for you to try the following steps. Press the green diamond-shaped D button located just above the number 3 on your Xfinity XR2 Remote. If available, both Spanish and English language options will be presented. Press D again to toggle between available secondary audio programs.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

My audio is English, the Channel Guide is in English except for the date in Spanish, and Channel Info is a mixture of Spanish Headings and English descriptions.

Menu choices are in Spanish, Options (in Spanish) comes up and I believe the first choice under Options is Guide which shows language as Español and there is no other language choice. I am afraid to highlight this and press OK on the remote as it might change the Guide and Channel Info to Spanish.

The current situation is only a minor inconvenience, would be nice to fix but I don't want to risk changing everything to Spanish. It might be best if I just leave it be. 

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

I understand that it may seem minor, but it would definitely get old pretty quick for me, so I'd love to see if we can figure this out for you! If you do have an non-X1 cable box, we can this great guide to help with the Spanish settings to change to English. Even though it sounds like it is a mix of Spanish and English in the guide and info screen, it couldn't hurt to see if these steps would help. In this link, Non-X1 TV Menu to English, is this how your guide appears on your TV?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Hi, My cable box is a digital adapter. My remote menu button brings up the following (all in Spanish, I translated):

4 OPTIONS

Guide

Audio

Blocked

Subtitles Closed

HDMI

Alerts

Remote Control

and one more I didn't translate, something about diagnostics that shows software version and other things.

Only Guide and Audio have language choices. Guide shows only Espanol as a choice, where Audio shows both Espanol and English as choices.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

I appreciate you taking the time to share that with us! Under Guide, if you use the arrow to the right, does it change the available option? It should look like this:  https://comca.st/36SzEMU

If that link doesn't help, please send me a Peer to Peer message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here