G

Visitor

• 

44 Messages

Sunday, November 19th, 2023 3:13 AM

Closed

TV broadcast not same as Stream

I am in the Richmond area & looking forward to the Washington Capitals hockey game on Monumental Network channel 846.

However, what was being broadcasted on cable channel  was college women's basketball on the broadcast via cable TV.

However, on my Xfinity stream app, the hockey game was broadcasting as scheduled.

Why is the cable TV broadcast displaying the wrong content?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

10 months ago

Good Evening @GUS_GuyUsingSystem Thank you so much for reaching out.  The issue you are running into is a result of the Network Broadcast Agreements that Xfinity maintains with each network. These networks do have the ability to restrict how we can broadcast their programming, and in this case, it was available via Stream, but not direct channel broadcast. 

FCC Consumer Guide: Sports Blackouts

Visitor

• 

44 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ 

This network  is being broadcasted in SD on another channel. 

So you are incorrect. 

It is only on the 2 HD channels that I don't see Monumental 's shows correctly displayed. 

I see the Big10 shows. 

Official Employee

• 

743 Messages

Thank you so much for clarifying that for us, @GUS_GuyUsingSystem! We can certainly look into it further. What channels numbers are seeing the differences on? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

44 Messages

@XfinityAdrienne​ 

Channels 846 & 1250 should be Monumental Network. 

But are displaying content from 855 & 1313 respectively. 

Channel 7 is displaying Monumental content in SD correctly. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@GUS_GuyUsingSystem we can take a look and see about resetting your provisions to your account. Feel free to send us a direct message with your full name and complete address.

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

44 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ 

this was resolved by your local Richmond network engineering team within 24 hours of me calling into Xifnity help line.

The shows are appearing on the correct channels now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here