redsassyrn's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Friday, December 13th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Starz replaced with Epix

Suddenly, I only have Starz original and HD. All the other Starz channels are replaced by Epix. I Asked Comcast and they only apologize and throw $20 at me. I cannot understand how I cannot change my contract but Comcast can at the drop of a hat.  Does not  a breach of contract cause a void to the contract?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@redsassyrn wrote:

Suddenly, I only have Starz original and HD. All the other Starz channels are replaced by Epix. I Asked Comcast and they only apologize and throw $20 at me. I cannot understand how I cannot change my contract but Comcast can at the drop of a hat.  Does not  a breach of contract cause a void to the contract?

Comcast didn't breach their contract with you, especially since at this time Comcast doesn't have an agreement with Starz.

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. We may deliver any notice concerning changes to the Service(s) and our relationship with you, including notice of any change to this Agreement, in any one or more of the following ways, as determined in our sole discretion: (1) by posting it on www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified; (2) by mail or hand delivery to your Premises; (3) by e-mail to the e-mail address for your account in our records; or (4) by including the information on or with your bill for Service(s).

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

4 years ago

wow! Sorry to ask the question. More empathy and less attitude goes a long way. I understand the contract , just not the business ethics with a loyal customer. Thank you for your insight.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

Read your bill. They gave plenty notice. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I can understand a coupke changes a year, but were up to 20 plus channels. Plus the added headache of no NBA and NHL here in Colorado cause of the Altitude TV dispute. These changes have bordered on abuse of the contract. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

viewing time with multiple "promos" for other tv shows and even theater moves, as well as the tireless commercials.  And, they think they are being smug by running commercials all at the same time to orevent channel surfing.   I, for one, am going to check out an alternative to Comcast, since they do not value my viewership.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

Reno, I have never read any notice on any of my bills of these recent changes to any channels especially Starz & Starz/Encore.  Until I came to this forum in the last month, was the first I heard of the upcoming changes! There was no notice scrolling on any of the channels until 12/10/2019 when a number of the channels were eliminated from my cable package! Don't tell people that they were given plenty of notice when you don't know what is on their bills or screens.   

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, they definitely did a poor job of notifying people. I do electronic billing and unfortunately, I don't look at the invoices. I just pay.  Well I went back through the invoices from Sept. to current and it was on the Oct invoice. And ususally, they flash something on the screen to let you know, but there was nothing.      

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

4 years ago

Laurie3101

dont know what to tell you. It was on my bill. It was on your bill. Look in either October or November. 
please don't apologize when you see it. I've already forgiven you. 

merry Christmas to you and yours.  

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

Reno, It was Not on any of my bills! I went back several months to see if it was anywhere on my bills and nothing was there. I use to remember Comcast use to put the channel changes right under where the amount due is but there is nothing there. I looked through the whole bills even the fine print and nothing at all was said about these changes! No notice for me at all!    

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

What's with the editing, you pretty much trashed my message by omitting part of it?  Smacks of censorship, I said nothing offensive, just stated a factual opinion.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

4 years ago

Hi All, 

We reached an agreement to continue offering the main Starz channel, as well as StarzEncore, StarzEncore Action, StarzEncore Black, StarzEncore Westerns and associated Starz and StarzEncore On Demand content. We’re also keeping Starz in TV packages. However, we’ll continue to re-evaluate and may remove Starz from some packages later.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

It appears you are associated with Programming, can you please explain why we get an absurd amount of programming promotionals for other programs, movies, etc. along with the commercials?  Some "promos" are not even for the channel we are watching.  In doing so, you must be cutting out scenes from whatever we are watching in order to keep within the time frame alloted, robbing us of viewing time   In essence, we viewers ar not getting our money's worth., and if the trend continues, our programming will b diminished to about half of what it should be.  Is this a revenue enhancement, which I don't see how, when the "promos" are mostly already on Xfinity?

Contributor

• 

477 Messages

4 years ago

@CCKenF wrote:

Hi All, 

We reached an agreement to continue offering the main Starz channel, as well as StarzEncore, StarzEncore Action, StarzEncore Black, StarzEncore Westerns and associated Starz and StarzEncore On Demand content. We’re also keeping Starz in TV packages. However, we’ll continue to re-evaluate and may remove Starz from some packages later.  

Thank you for the update. I really like Outlander and would have missed it. At this time I have every single service Xfinity offers, tv, cable, phone, home security and mobile. I'm a loyal customer pay a large amount each month. That's called loyalty and I do expect it in return. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Thank you everyone for your input. While we do provide content/programming, that doesn't necessarily mean we have control over what is aired on any given network or program. That is going to be up to the network provider, the party that actually owns the network. Hopefully that helps provide a little more clarity. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Doesn't really clarify, why would one network/channel run a "promo" for another network/channel, or for a theater movie?  The "promos" arppear to be outnumbering the commercials, which we always thought paid for the programming we watch.  All of those "promos" are cutting into the actual program time, so we are getting less view time for our money.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here