tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I can’t watch starz it’s only allowing me to watch the first episode of power I don’t understand

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

5 years ago

People are apparently getting email from Comcast like this:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32562875-

"Changes coming to your
Xfinity TV services

We're always working to evaluate our channel lineup and provide our customers with great service at the best value possible. As a result of this work, we're making a few changes to our channel lineup. We wanted to make sure to keep you informed about what's coming.

We're adding EPIX and removing Starz from select packages

We're excited to announce that as of December 10, 2019, you'll be receiving EPIX as part of your package. With EPIX, you'll get unlimited access to hit movies, critically acclaimed original series, documentaries and more, uncut and commercial-free. EPIX will replace Starz and its associated channels in our TV packages.

EPIX will provide you with programing like Godfather of Harlem, starring and executive produced by Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker, and NFL: The Grind, from NFL Films and hosted by Rich Eisen. Beginning December 12, three additional EPIX channels—EPIX 2, EPIX Hits, and EPIX Drive-In—will become available.

Learn more about everything EPIX has to offer.

We're adding ScreenPix to Digital Preferred and removing select StarzEncore channels

Beginning December 12, 2019, you'll be receiving ScreenPix as part of your Digital Preferred package. ScreenPix is a new suite of channels offering a curated collection of classic movies, uncut and commercial-free. This includes ScreenPix Action, ScreenPix Westerns, and ScreenPix Voices, which will feature films with bold perspectives by filmmakers defined by unique visions.

Please note that on December 10, 2019, we'll be reducing the number of StarzEncore channels. StarzEncore Classic, StarzEncore Suspense, StarzEncore Family, StarzEncore Español, IndiePlex, and RetroPlex will be removed from channel lineups.

We will continue to offer StarzEncore, StarzEncore Action, StarzEncore Black, StarzEncore Westerns and associated StarzEncore On Demand content. While our current agreement ends on December 31, we're working hard to reach a deal with StarzEncore to preserve the right to offer you that programming beyond December 31, 2019.

Learn more about ScreenPix and these changes.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer."

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm with you!  I've been with Comcast for over 35 years and in the last couple of months they have eliminated TCM and now all STARZ channels from the premium pkgs.  This is outrageous!   Comcast is on the way out.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Is comcast really dropping starz? If so why? Comcast will be losing a lot of customers if they do. I will be one of them.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I hoped not!!!!! Comcast will be losing a lot of customers. They have already dropped other networks. Our bills have not decreased though.

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

5 years ago

After removing Cinemax in July? The replacement channels of Hitz(which will not work on Tivo sets because it's on demand) and Epix are woefully inadequate and priced too high in the Digital Premier channels. No reduction in pricing for those substitutions is an absolute joke.  If Comcast goes thru with the deletion of Starz, I will definitely be cutting way back on the movie channels.  It's too easy these days to cut Comcast out of the loop and get these channels on Apple TV, Roku or other alternate sources.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Keep STARZ and POWER

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I dislike the fact that you are canceling Starz and Starz? on December 10, 2019. We enjoy the programing on Starz.

If you end STARZ please, no, I demand you return the fees I paid for it

AC

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

No STARZ??? I have been a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber for 25 years--and have subscribed to STARZ/Encore the majority of those years. Over the years, I have been tempted to switch to DirectTV --primariy because of NFL package. Without STARZ, it will be time for me to switch.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I hope XFinity reconsiders taking away Starz, I will surely not keep XFinity.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Do not REMOVE Starz and Starz/Encore from the Cable package.  If you do, I will cancel my subscription and register with NETFLIX.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have been a Comcast subscriber for yrs and am not happy when I found out there will be no more STARZ !  I want to keep STARZ and keep POWER  there is only 5 more episodes and if this is taken off the channel lineup I will not find out the final outcome! 

There is a lot of other channels that can be removed without taking away STARZ as it is there is days when there is nothing good on tv, but I can always find something to watch on STARZ. 

I look forward to the days when POWER is on its a great show and better than some of these regular programming shows! 

Please don't take this channel away as regular programming on regular channels isn't good! 

It was given to us FREE with a Premium  pkg we pay way too much as it is for tv programs with nothing good on regular tv half of the time. 

It's like you keep removing the channels we love and keep the ones we don't care about and keep raising the rates.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Has anyone seen that Comcast is discontinuing all Starz and Starz Encore channels effective Dec 10, 2019?  I will be leaving Comcast asap.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Good afternoon:

I am concern about seeing in my last billing that Staz is going to be canceled.  As a long time customer who pays her bills on time..we enjoy watching Power, Vida, Outlanders, american Gods, and many other shows that Staz has to offer.    Question is why are you canceling...2 Question..Will we be getting a refund or in this case a cedit for this channel on December 10th.   

Waiting for respond

Marilyn Canty

Yvette Torres

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Here's the plan Xfinity, make the deal with Starz by December 31st  OR or pay for my Starz subscription with Amazon Prime!

I only wanted a package with Starz for Power and Outlander! Both return in 2020 and I HAVE to have Starz ! This is NOT an optional thing!! 

If my Xfinity package doesn't have STARZ, I don't need it!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here