tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Ok so you took away Cinemax and now you taking Starz from us. Why are you removing starz.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

DO NOT CANCEL STARZ. What in the WHAT??? Just because Power is ending, STARZ has a lot of awesome shows I'd miss. At the least, you will reduce our bill? You can't have it both ways. Cancel STARZ ...AND keep our money? Life doesn't work that way. Money for a service. If part of the service goes away, we get some of our money back. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am, but thanks for the advice, i understand that we need to keep putting it out there cause even though most of us agree on a majority of issues we either don’t vote or vote again our own interests due to ignorance on the issues.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Changes coming to your
Xfinity TV services

We're always working to evaluate our channel lineup and provide our customers with great service at the best value possible. As a result of this work, we're making a few changes to our channel lineup. We wanted to make sure to keep you informed about what's coming.

We're adding ScreenPix to Digital Preferred and removing select StarzEncore channels

Beginning December 12, 2019, you'll be receiving ScreenPix as part of your Digital Preferred package. ScreenPix is a new suite of channels offering a curated collection of classic movies, uncut and commercial-free. This includes ScreenPix Action, ScreenPix Westerns, and ScreenPix Voices, which will feature films with bold perspectives by filmmakers defined by unique visions.

Please note that on December 10, 2019, we'll be reducing the number of StarzEncore channels. StarzEncore Classic, StarzEncore Suspense, StarzEncore Family, StarzEncore Español, IndiePlex, and RetroPlex will be removed from channel lineups.

We will continue to offer StarzEncore, StarzEncore Action, StarzEncore Black, StarzEncore Westerns and associated StarzEncore On Demand content. While our current agreement ends on December 31, we're working hard to reach a deal with StarzEncore to preserve the right to offer you that programming beyond December 31, 2019.

Learn more about ScreenPix and these changes.

Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Please work out a deal with stars. One of my favorite channels I've been with you guys ever since you started I get a 2-year renewal every two years and if you drop Stars I will drop Comcast. I pay $279 a month for my services and I expect them to keep up with their end of the bargain and keep my premium channels. You've already cut Cinemax earlier this year and replaced it with something that is is completely useless. I was upset earlier when you cut Cinemax and never contacted me or any of their customers to see what they thought about this. At that time I complained and part of my complaint I pointed out that they should contact their customers and Survey them before they decide to make changes on popular channels. My contract comes up in March and this will very much weight on it.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Starz is leaving and being replaced by Epix.   I have paid $5.99 per month for

Epix for some time.  It certainly does not replace Starz' series  by a long shot.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If STARZ LEAVE, I LEAVE............

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Again you remove or relocate channels out of the premiere packages and think you haven't breached the contract you agreed on when we signed up for your service. I don't see any compensation in the monthly bill. When your system goes down ( nine different days in October once for more than 15 hours) you think we should just take it. If we consider leaving you want to charge us for breaking the two year contract but you can do whatever you want and we have little recourse. Most customers don't realize that we have lost WE TV, WGN Investigative Discovery and now STARZ. TCM was moved to a place that will cost us another $9.99 a month to get something we were already paying for. This is totally unacceptable. Next time I visit the Xfinity store I'll look to see if they are wearing masks because they work for robbers.

Contributor

• 

277 Messages

5 years ago

Wow, this is insane. Just got the news while watching Power. I've always been a comcast guy but Starz was pretty much the best channel and best on-demand network they had. Thankfully there are lots of other options out there nowadays

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, Comcast will no longer carry Encore Suspense and Encore Family. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/EncoreChanges.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, we're adding Epix to the following packages and Starz will no longer be available: Super Triple Play, Super Double Play, Signature Triple Play, Signature Double Play, and the Digital Premier Tier. With Epix and its associated content you'll get unlimited access to hit films, critically acclaimed original series, documentaries and more, uncut and commercial-free. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/ EpixChanges.  Epix is not worth it. I used to pay for it and it has 2 shows tops worth watching and the so-called hit movies are old, like your Hitz channels.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 10, 2019, Comcast will no longer carry Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy and Starz Kids & Family. For more information about this change, visit xfinity.com/StarzChanges. So again you cut service in the middle of the series that have begun, smh.

Xfinity TV Update: Effective December 20, 2019, AnyRoom DVR Service will no longer be available for new subscriptions. If you currently have AnyRoom DVR Service, you will continue to receive this service until you make a change or you receive further notice.”   Cutting services and my bill not being reduced, just like my commute service to work. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

When will this be happening. Cinemax, Starz, and the increase in price to keep channel is crazy. You would think that you would want to keep these channels so you don't lose out to the steamng services. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Since they are removing the channels I watch on the Premier level, I will stop paying the Premier prices.  Starter or Preferred for me.  I can get the missing channels I want through other providers, not paying xfinity for channels I used to have.  They have removed Cinemax, TCM, and now Starz, Retroplex, Indieplex, and Encore.  Frustrated!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

This viewer/customer is ABSOLUTELY right! This needs to move up the ladder, to an actual Decision Maker. At some point the customer has to become more important than the stock and stockholders, because ITS our money 💰 that line’s their pockets. Give something back that we already had. This is just proving that you’re making your decisions on what’s RIGHT for your company and stockholders. But it is the customer’s that did that, that paid all of you. Shame on all of you!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Can we stop this? I briefly saw a message including a # & a web address that read; “Stop Comcast/ Xfinity from getting rid of Starz, it was right before I restarted a movie (8 Mile) but I didn’t have a pen! Can’t we band together. I don’t know how much you pay 💰 but I feel like I’ve been taken for a ride, and papered in with a bait and switch contract!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Hitz is sooooo bad, I don’t know where they found it! The rerun of old bad B rated movies! That they want to charge for the LOW fee of $12.00 a month. This is one of the stupidest (& insulting!) ideas Comcast has come up with. I wish I was in THAT pitch meeting, I picture all old white dudes, nodding and thinking what a “SUPER” plan. Then back slapping all around. “Our customers will NEVER notice “ hahaha! There’s power in numbers people, I have a contract but this just negates it. We are not stupid and we have the buying power. Like the Purge, our weapons will be our words, petitions, this site etc. We’ve been silent too long as they made a LOT of money 💰. Pure unadulterated greed. It’s our turn to exercise our 1st amendment rights. I’m tired of being taken advantage of and then saying, “Thank you, may I please have some more “ sorry to go off like this, but my dogs dying and my husband has Alzheimer’s (in Clinical trial) so TV is my happy place. Sign me frustrated
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here