tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I think it’s ridiculous that you guys are now removing Starz from your premium package, what you don’t realize is that if you keep removing the good channel’s from your packages we will end up with 700 channels that no one watches and then eventually they will drop Comcast all together a streaming service...soon it will be cheaper to by hbo, showtime, starz and Cinemax from them and stream them instead of your package...which by the way is not like you are discounting the cost of the package plan as you remove stuff from it....careful guys you are making it harder for us to defend still being a customer....oh yeah, epix is not equal to starz.

12 year customer here and 3 years at my previous home...15 years.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

It IS happening. I got an email from xfinity.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Uou betcha‼️ I’m dumping them in 3 1/2 months. First TCM now Starz. Epix is what - 2 channels? Starz is 11. How is that a good swap?

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

5 years ago

There was a good discussion going on about this in a post called "Removal of more channels" and Comcast deleted it.  Guess we are not allowed to discuss negative changes to our service here. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I got an email from xfinity advising starz will be yanked & replaced by epix. So losing 11 channels & replacing with 2. Uh do the math.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Just got the notice that Epix will replace Starz. And last month they dropped TCM. And a few months back, they removed On Demand for TiVo users. And last year, they dropped the radio channels. 
We get fewer and fewer services, with the same or higher prices. 
Yes, they increased internet speed, but it's inconsistent - mostly 100Mbps, except when it drops to 50. 
So disappointing. I already switched to Amazon Prime for HBO, am looking at Disney+ and Apple+.

It's like they don't really want to keep my business. 

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

Losing Starz is such nonsense. That’s a breech of my 2 year contract cause that’s one of the channels I wanted, not more on demand stuff force fed to us. Tired of Comcast making changes to cut out programming yet still charging you the same amount,

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why is Xfinity doing this? We don't want EPIX, we want to keep STARZ!!!!

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

5 years ago

I never got this email, even though I am signed up for email and text alerts.  Can someone who did please share?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It was bad enough that they got rid of Cinemax, but replacing Starz with EPIX is awful! There is only one reason - cost. I think we pay enough for premium service. This is ridiculous. I am seriolusly looking at options. It is also interesting that there is no obvious way to leave feedback directly to Comcast. 

If anyone from Comcast monitors this page, please respond to why you are making this change, and please don't insult us with the quality programming you are adding with EPIX. That may be fine for marketing, but I think we all know that is just cynical hogwash.

Also, please respond to how we can leave comments that will actually be seen by someone in Comcast who is in a position of authority.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

5 years ago

I did not see this on my current bill. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I protest the loss of Starz. Maybe it's time to cut the cable.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

There was nothing on our October statement about the removal of Starz from our "Premium Double Play" package.  But I did get an email on Nov. 1 of the changes to be made on Dec 10th.  That means - no more Starz - but with the addition of Epix (which Comcast charges 5.99 as an add-on vs. Starz which would be a $12.00 add-on if it hadn't been part of the package.  So will COMCAST reduce our bill by $6.00? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HEE HEEEE!).  We like Starz for it's original TV programming content - such as "Outlander", etc.  (But to be honest, the Starz movie content is sub-par to HBO/Cinemax, etc.) We subscribe to Amazon Prime Video of which Epix is pretty much a mirror image of - lot of the same movies at the same time  - but Epix has far fewer choices.  So we gain absolutely nothing with Epix.  (We watch everything On-Demand so the number of "channels" is irrelevant to us regardless of which Premium services we have).  AND we gained absolutely nothing with Hitz replacing Cinemax.  And the removal of Turner Classic Movies into the Sports Entertainment Package would seem to be COMCAST's way of trying to desperately drum up new revenue - a way of extorting money for a channel that is not normally treated as a Premium channel.  This new business model for COMCAST  is to reduce services, raise prices and send the remaining subscribers scrambling for an alternative as they are obviously determined to put themselves out of business.  We're happy with the internet service - so maybe it's time for COMCAST to disolve the TV side of the business and just concentrate on internet service.

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

5 years ago

Edit: never mind, this pertains to the legacy DVRs, not the X1 platform.

I find that part about the Anyroom DVR service no longer being available extremely upsetting.  As if these insane channel changes are not bad enough.  I'm thinking once my contract is done, I'm out.  Not putting up with this longer than I have to.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm hearing the same and it really angers me. First, I lose ID, and now Starz! What the heck is going on?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here