U

Friday, November 17th, 2023 12:17 AM

Closed

Sound keeps cutting out on abc

The sound keeps cutting out on abc. Not only happening to me but to another family member who lives 7 miles down the road. Very frustrating. When will this network issue be fixed!?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

10 months ago

Hey there, @user_v9i71n thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account. I can see how those audio issues with ABC would be frustrating, and I definitely want to get to the bottom of this for you. Are you having issues with any other channels or only ABC?

3 Messages

Only cutting out on abc. It seems to star in the evening at 6:30 when world news tonight starts. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_v9i71n I appreciate that information and I can see how that would be frustrating especially when you are trying to watch the news. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already such as restarting your cable box? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Yes, we’ve done everything. This seems like a network issue since my family member who lives near me is experiencing the same thing. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_v9i71n I appreciate those details. I would like to take a look at this issue on our end. If you can please send us a Direct Message as I would love to help! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

How about you post in a fix instead of having 500 people contact you over the same thing!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am using a firestick and the xfinity app and having sound issues on abc as well.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @Penguinjanem, thanks for reaching out for help with your audio issues on ABC. 

By chance do you notice the audio issues on any other networks? Also is this when watching live TV, a recorded program, or both? 

1 Message

9 months ago

We have the same problem - ABC is the only channel this occurs on. We briefly lose sound for no apparent reason - it is happening more and more frequently and has made watching anything on ABC  an unpleasant experience.  We have gone to the local xfinity store to try to find a solution and no one has any answers or seems to take it seriously. How hard can it be to figure out the problem and fix it? Our frustration level is climbing.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_6d1y6r We'd love to help resolve this as much as possible, so we can improve your experience.  

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having this issue now for last three days. Only on ABC -no other channel. So frustrating. I need to know what is going on. I live in Raytown,MO and need this fixed asap please 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_ub44up Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for narrowing down the issue to one specific channel. We may need to make ABC aware that their feed is losing audio. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

4 Messages

5 months ago

Sound keeps dropping and picture freezes on ABC Chicago xfinity. Live TV and on DVR recordings. This happened on NBC end of last year. What the hell is going on with xfinity? We pay way too much for this to be going on. Just had the X1 box replaced end of January because DVR kept pixelating, now this. Ready to completely dump them.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_qgv5lz Thank you so much for letting us know you were running into this audio issue as well. If you check out the comment below from Johnb51 you can see there was a fix implemented for this issue and customers are reporting it has been resolved. Test it out and let us know if you do happen to run into the issue again. 

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

5 months ago

I suggest everyone check their tv's now as I had setup an appt for a tech to come out and was called today saying that the issue should be fixed as it was country wide.  It has been working flawlessly for hours.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here