U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 29th, 2022 7:17 PM

Closed

Some TV Channels have been blocked / scrambled for the last week - i.e. TNT, USA and NAT GEO

Every time we try to access certain channels (i.e. TNT, USA, NAT GEO) the picture is scrambled and sound is choppy.  Anyone experiencing any similar issues and have any idea on what is causing this / how to correct it?  I've tried every troubleshooting recommendation provided by Xfinity, with no success.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Pixelation and sound dropout happens when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise. This might be because of a bad cable box or a problem at Comcast (check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/, 1-800-Comcast voice response, or the "My Account" app) but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve been having the same issue with certain channels. It’s ridiculous to pay a lot of money and we get crappy picture and sound. I’ve read people say comcast blames it on the box and people get a new one and nothing improves. Then one person said an actual competent technician found that the connection at the street was bad and once fixed their problem was fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @caryrae73 thank you so much for reaching out about these A/V issues. What channels are you experiencing the issues on? Our Gold Problem Solver @BruceW did mention some great initial troubleshooting steps- have you tried these as of yet? What was your result? We are here to assist in any way possible. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hi I am curious as to why I cannot don’t the TNT channel on my Xfinity stream app

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

Hello @user_1c9e3f, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums. I am sorry to hear you are unable to watch the TNT channel on your stream app. This is not the experience we want you to have as a valued member of the Xfinity family.

You have reached the right team to help troubleshoot this issue and get it working for you. Can you send us a direct message with your first and last name to get started?

To send a direct message: 

• Sign in to the community. 
  • Click the message count or envelope icon to go to our private message inbox 
  • Click the New Message icon. 
  • Enter Xfinity Support in the Send to field. 
  • Type the reply in the Message box. 
  • Click Enter to send your message. 
  • You can see your back and forth messages with any user by clicking the messages. 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am also experiencing scrambled pictured for certain channels. I’ve tried all troubleshooting options but none have worked. Any resolution?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here