U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 27th, 2023 1:01 AM

Closed

Smithsonian Channel

We are new Comcast customers as of today, had our 120+ HD package installed today however before we switched yesterday I made sure to confirm with our agent who also confirmed with his supervisor that we would have the Smithsonian Channel.... then when the tech was at our house installing the cable boxes, he searches for it and we don’t have it.  We spent over 9 1/2 hours on the phone fighting with Comcast and there are even notes on our account and they even listened to the original phone call from the Comcast representative assuring us that we would have the Smithsonian channel included with our account.  I am extremely frustrated and already disappointed with Comcast here in Chicago IL!  This is not acceptable.  Comcast representatives lie straight to our face and once you sign up as a new customer, everything turns out to be lies.  It’s sickening how awful Comcast is and they have absolutely no morals and no ethics and no integrity and no accountability.  I’m very disappointed in how Comcast does business.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Apparently this seems to be an “ongoing issue” of Comcast Representatives continuing to LYING to customers:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/smithsonian-channel/602daea0c5375f08cdf0698b

Apparently this appears to be “normal” business at Comcast.  Just lying straight to customers and then screwing new customers after they switch providers.  Real Comcastic!  Business as usual at Comcast, just LIE and screw customers.  I recorded the whole entire phone conversation and even spoke with TWO supervisors (“Yadiel  9YE”  and “Clarence  0QJ”) and both supervisors said despite the previous rep (and their supervisor) telling us that we would receive the Smithsonian Channel, it seems now today (after our first day as a new customer) NOW we are being told by two different other supervisors (“Yadiel  9YE”  and “Clarence  0QJ”) that the Comcast employees and Comcast supervisor LIED and that the ONLY way we can receive the channel is if we upgrade our service and pay an extra $200 per month for “Comcast Ultimate” so we can watch the ONE single channel that we want (Smithsonian Channel).  We are already paying $110 ($140 after taxes and fees) just to watch TWO channels that we watch and we truthfully ONLY watch three channels, and Comcast is forcing us to now pay $340 to watch THREE CHANNELS because they are forcing us into some insane silly “Comcast Ultimate” package instead of our 120 channel package and instead of just allowing us to pay $4.99/mo for Smithsonian Plus (which most other cable providers offer) but Comcast refuses to allow us to have the Smithsonian Channel without paying an extra $200 per month (for 500+ channels that we don’t want) just to receive the THREE channels that we want to watch.

Comcast is completely absurd and this is our first day as new customers and I can’t believe how bad Comcast is!

They promised that we had the Smithsonian Channel BEFORE we signed up for service, the Comcast sales representative AND their supervisor LIED TO US… we have everything recorded and Comcast listened to the recordings and they said there is nothing they can do other than screw us over and trying to “upsell” us into the “Comcast Ultimate” package for an extra $200 per month and forcing us into a $480 per month Comcast Bill.  Completely absurd and Comcast is the absolute worst!

I have never seen so many criminals working for a single company and this is FRAUD.  This is our FIRST DAY as Comcast customers and it’s disheartening how Comcast treats new customers.  We should have stayed with AT&T.

Nothing but liars working for Comcast.  No Ethics.  No Morals.  Just from the top down, just liars.  From the CEO, all the way down to the CSR’s and sales reps that just LIE to new subscribers down to the dirty supervisors that say “Oh sorry sir, we made a mistake and the ONLY way you can get the Smithsonian Channel is to upgrade to our Comcast Ultimate Package for an additional $200 per month and an extra hundred channels that you will never watch.”  The Comcast way of doing shady business and screwing customers.  

Real Comcastic!  

Apparently I’m not the first and certainly won’t be the last… no ethics, no morals and no accountability!

Simple search on the forums and same EXACT nonsense right here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/smithsonian-channel/602daea0c5375f08cdf0698b

BOTH Comcast supervisors (“Yadiel  9YE”  and “Clarence  0QJ”) should be FIRED and this shouldn’t be allowed to happen!  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_c99gt0. Thank you for reaching out and creating a detailed post regarding your situation. I understand there may have been some miscommunication regarding the plan you signed up for. Mainly, the concern was the Smithsonian channel which is a favorite of yours. I can see it was frustrating finding out you would have to upgrade in order to access this network. We always aim to provide the most accurate information each step of the way, and I apologize for any frustration this has caused. We actively work to get better every day, and your feedback is important for that. We appreciate your time.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here