U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 20th, 2022 3:23 PM

Closed

samsung smart hub missing "Xfinity" black/white icon

Hello,

I recently replaced a recording cable box as the old one died. The new one is working fine. My only issue is that I can not find the Xfinity black icon that allows me to change channels from Smart Hub streaming, back to regular Comcast channels.

Tried adding the app through a search, but the only Xfinity app that I find is the Xfinity streaming app.

Now, my other (Samsung 2021 exact model) TV upstairs with small remote box does have this "Xfinity" icon. Any ideas? Thanks.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

@user_81f2f1 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions here. The icon you are discussing is our Xfinity Stream app. You can download that app on your new Samsung TV by accessing their provided app store. Directions on how to do that are available directly through Samsung's website (https://www.samsung.com/us/). 

In order to switch over to your actual Xfinity television box, you will simply need to change your television's input to the port that the Xfinity television equipment is plugged into. For my Samsung TV that means I need to change my "Source" to HDMI 1. I can even access my Xfinity television box by simply clicking the "Xfinity" button on my Xfinity remote and my Samsung television will change to that input automatically. Additional information on how to change the input on your Samsung TV can be found on the Samsung's website. Today, there is no "app" that you can download that will switch your input automatically, that is something you will need to set up directly through the TV settings. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here