U

Wednesday, March 6th, 2024 1:47 AM

Closed

private channel in retirement communities

I live in a retirement community in PA.  My community has a bulk rate contract with Comcast which includes a private channel on the CATV system (channel 1979).  We use this channel to provide information and entertainment to residents via their TV.   Recently, we have been told that Comcast will no longer supply or support this technology and if it becomes non-operational, there will be no service support to repair the equipment.  I am heavily involved in utilizing this capability in the community.  I find this strange and I suspect it's not the whole story.  Or perhaps Comcast has developed some other technology which would fill this communications need for private communities like ours.  Please provide a more complete explanation of this situation or any helpful information.  Thanks.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

7 months ago

@user_qcwxa8 Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. Bulk rate accounts are part of our Comcast Business service offerings. Any changes made to those services would be handled by our Business department. You will need to have the account holder or authorized representative on that account contact our Business department or your specific account representative directly for additional information about changes to the services provided to that account.   

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here