pwcprime's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, August 26th, 2023 9:36 PM

Closed

Peacock Premium Activation

At the end of June 2023 I took advantage of the free Peacock Premium offer since I am a Diamond Rewards Xfinity customer.  I created an account on the Peacock website and supposedly activated my account.  However when I open the Peacock app on my TV with my Peacock account it claims that it still needs to be activated.  When I visit the Rewards page it shows that the Peacock Premium has been claimed, but only gives me an Exit button.  How do I resolve this issue?  

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I was able to connect both TVs to Peacock Premium.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@pwcprime Thanks for sharing the update! Glad everything is working now. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@pwcprime​ so what was the solution? I am having the same problem. 

11 Messages

1 year ago

how was this resolved as i'm coming across the same.  I've reached out to Xfinity via 800 number - no luck,  I've used "Ask Xfinity" which routed me to Peacock Customer care which told me to activate via purchasing the plan (which i stated is included since i'm Diamond and X1 and sent screen shots.)  Seems like an endless circle of no soltution

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same problem. I just purchased NOW Tv that comes with free peacock premium.  I have never received an email to activate peacock premium and for some reason no one can tell me how to get it.  Xfinity assistant is ridiculous and just keeps me in a loop to try all these things with no result.  I am a diamond rewards member as well and am supposed to get free access that way, but it is not listed in my rewards PLEASE HELP

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the exact same problem please help

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Greetings, @user_6kbc1k! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Peacock Premium service, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

I have encountered a few different situations with activating the Peacock Premium Reward, and the solution can vary, depending on the circumstances.

If you never received or redeemed the reward, despite being eligible as a Platinum or Diamond level Xfinity Rewards member, we can submit a ticket to have it reissued for you.

If you did redeem the reward, but haven't been able to activate it through the steps outlined on our website (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs), then we may need to take a closer look at your account.

If you are still having issues, please create a new post and let us know where you are in the process, and what steps you have taken in order to get this resolved. Our amazing community is always ready to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I, too, have access to Peacock, am a Diamond member but am unable to watch/activate Peacock Premium and spent over an hour yesterday trying with two different associates to activate Peacock Premium. Please provide me with assistance. Date: 10/21/2023.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_vek9yj Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I definitely understand the frustration. Just to confirm, have you already tried logging into directly to the Peacock website using your primary Xfinity username and password? (Make sure it isn't the third party email associated with your account.) Once you attempt that, if you are able to log in and receive an error try clicking on the Peacock icon located in the top right corner. Once you are on the account page let me know if it says billed by Xfinity. One of the other occurrences I have run into it is that if you were logging into Peacock with a different email in the past, the offer may be tied to that email. Let me know if any of these things work. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am in the same situation.  Diamond member and shows reward has been claimed.  I have never received an email to activate.  Xfinity Assistant just goes around in a loop and is useless.  It is very frustrating.

What is the solution?  No one at the store can help.  Call and when I finally get through to a live person they are not helpful either.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

I am in this same death spiral.  Xfinity Rewards tells me to either wait for my activation email, or go to the Assistant and click on the banner called "Activate Peacock".  Can someone please help us?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

The email we received in October to activate gave instructions to launch the assistant then click on the activation link, but guess what. NO ACTIVATION LINK. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Bealzer Thank you for your comment in the Peacock activation thread. Are you able to try these steps:

• Visit Activate Peacock and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.  
  • Select the Activate Peacock button. You should be directed to peacocktv.com.
  • Enter an email address and password for your Peacock account.  

3 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ This does not work.  Elsewhere on this board i posted my own difficulties with redeeming this reward.  The redemption system is broken and no one I've spoken to can or has done anything.  I find it absurd that we are constantly being forced to try and use a broken redemption system that Xfinity knows has been a long time problem and funneled back through chat, customer service, and troubleshooting, rather than being given a promo code or having it activated on our service by someone with the authority to do so once we've alerted your agents of the issue.  The problem for everyone is not being ineligable for the reward, its that your system is broken.  A simple solution would be generating a promo code to enter upon signing up for Peacock Premium that would allow us to use the service which we are owed free of charge.  Completely unacceptable and yet another reason why Comcast/Xfinity constantly ranks as one of the worst companies for consumers.   

3 Messages

9 months ago

It would have been nice to have watched the Bills-Chargers game last night on Peacock Premium as my Diamond reward promised me last June. But after six months of being shuffled back and forth by Xfinity Assistant, Peacock customer service and your tech support who called it a “complex issue,” I still do not have my reward of Peacock Premium. Xfinity says it is activated and it shows as such in my bill. Peacock says Xfinity has never activated the subscription and it is up to Xfinity to do so. So I have a hollow reward and no one seems willing or able to connect my reward with Peacock. Pretty lousy service for a customer who has been with Comcast for over 30 years. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_01ev50 I'm sorry to hear you missed the game and have ongong issues with your Peacock activation. Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

@XfinityKei​ I have called. I have messaged. I have used X (Twitter).  I have had two tickets created. Peacock says Xfinity has not activated my account. Yet my Xfinity bill includes the reward as giving me access to Peacock Premium. Somewhere Xfinity dropped the ball and apparently is incapable of fixing this. Your reward program is worthless. 

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

@user_01ev50 Please send us a direct message, we will be happy to help you. Thanks! 
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

8 months ago

I am currently on the phone with Xfinity Support & they are telling me that there is nothing that they can do to help me.  I asked for tier 2 support & they stated that this was not a thing.  As an IT Security manager I find this very hard to believe.  So here is my issue.

I processed the following actions & I am unable to access Peacock without a credential error.  

• Visit Activate Peacock and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.  
  • Select the Activate Peacock button. You should be directed to peacocktv.com.
  • Enter an email address and password for your Peacock account.  

Additionally I never received any notification via email that it was activated, although Xfinity Support has informed me that it shows that I have indeed activated & have the free promotion Peacock Premium on my account.  

I then asked if we could do the coined turning if off & on again by removing the promotion & readding it to see if they would sync better the second time maybe.  I was then told no because I would lose the promotion because they don't know how I got it, or were the promotion came from!!  I advised multiple times that it was from xfinity.  
Now to what I have already done:

• I have used multiple different browsers & two different machines.
  • Cleared out cache & cookies 
  • Attempted on a FireStick
  • Rebooted both the original machine I tested on as well as the FireStick
  • Attempted to utilize the reset password to kick it in gear & no luck there either.  (no email sent)

Can someone please assist.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We can help, @user_2x86qq! Are you redeeming a Peacock reward as a Gigabit or Gigabit Plus speed service, are Diamond or Platinum Xfinity Rewards member, or a NOW TV customer?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same problem here, a 20+ year customer with some tech skills.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

Good Luck - I waited for 6 weeks and tried all the things you have done.  I finally gave up and cancelled my xfinity account and moved to google fiber for internet.  I guess it was rocket science.  I too activated my peacock premium, but it never was truly activated.  I was supposed to get it with my rewards and it was also available with the streaming service for now TV.  Neither one would allow me to watch peacock for free.  After cancelling I added peacock premium for $1.99 on a promotion.    I was a 15 year customer

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_53e99c, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. We're sorry to hear you've left Xfinity. We would be happy to check into this further and help in any way you can if you change your mind. If so, please feel free to reach out. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I have the same problem share

Official Employee

• 

471 Messages

@user_thtjr1 We would be happy to look into this for you, Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7 months ago

I MUST UPDATE.  

Background:

* "Diamond" Rewards due to 29 year customer!

* Been trying since July 2023 to get my Peacock Premium (PP) reward

* Have spend dozens of hours by now, like MANY other people

* Phone support folks (nice folks from the Indian subcontinent, but not well trained) confirm that they knew about the problem

* US support person knew about the problem and spit out a few things I needed to do but were unsuccessful

Which brings us up to yesterday:

* Spent 1.5 hrs on my own trying to activate PP (delayed by being forced to change my Xf PW, and then could not confirm due to recovery emails and phone numbers being used by my personal secondary account).

* After a half hour of frustrating attempts with auto AI chat, I got a live person.

* She did know her stuff, and led me through troubleshooting for 2 hours - running from PC to home theater to phone and back and forth

* After failure, she said a technician would come to my house Monday between 10am and Noon (GREAT!!)

* Sunday (today), Xf's automated call tells me my problem is fixed.  Then asks if I want to keep or cancel the technician.  Since I cannot test at that moment, I hang up.

* Tried PP and still no joy.  Just Peacock no Premium.  Tried activating, rebooting, signing out, back in.  Nada.

* Hopefully the technician will still arrive tomorrow.

It is obvious that Xf is not reading this forum!  So even though you are reading this, go elsewhere for help.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7 months ago

IT IS FIXED, I FINALLY HAVE Peacock Premium after months of trying.

Eric, an Xfinity technician, came to the house today.  We tried a bunch of things, to no avail.  Then he read that the Peacock.com login could be (and usually is) different from the xfinity.com login.  So I went back to my original Peacock.com login (from BEFORE the xfinity rewards offer was made to us Diamonds last summer) and "Forgot My Password."  Changed to new password.  Now I have Peacock Premium.  The email I had used on the Peacock.com account is my personal, secondary "@comcast.net" address and NOT the primary "@comcast.net" that is used to access my xfinity account.

I hope this helps folks trapped in the circle.

Official Employee

• 

743 Messages

Thank you so much for sharing the information with us regarding the email, @pwcprime! That is great information, and super helpful for others to refer back to attempt a different email address aside from the Xfinity Username. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future if you need anything, we are happy to help! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here