tempe21's profile

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Peacock, Not Coming Soon To Xfinity?

Know something? Peacock streaming service was supposed to launch today. At least, for x1 Subscribers. So what happened? I woke up this morning and the streaming service was nowhere to be found. Can someone from Comcast explain what happened? When you say "Peacock" into your remote, it just says "Coming soon to xfinity". Apparently not. The streaming service is nowhere to be found on my subscriber account and I have x1.

So, what happened?

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

All,

Thank you for posting your questions here in the Xfinity Forum. The Peacock app is available to all of our Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1 customers. All you need is an email address to sign in and start watching.

Peacock is the newly launched streaming service from NBC Universal. It offers over 15,000 hours of content, with hundreds of television series and movies, as well as compelling live and On Demand content across news, sports, late-night, and reality.

Right now, only our Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1 customers have early bird access to Peacock Premium, which is included at no additional cost (a $4.99 per month value).

If you want to upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus, which is the ad-free version, visit peacocktv.com. Peacock Premium Plus is billed separately by Peacock and costs $5 for Xfinity customers.

In a few months, non-Xfinity customers will be able to subscribe to the app, and a free tier of the app will be added.

To access Peacock on X1 or Flex starting, you’ll need:

• An eligible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and PaceXG1v1 models aren’t eligible) or a Flex Streaming TV Box
  • Xfinity Internet (any level)
  • An email address for logging in

If you have not noticed this change on your X1 or Flex device, please verify your device is compatible with this service (see eligible devices above) and you have the latest device firmware.

If you are needing to update your equipment to receive the Peacock app you can do so by requesting a self-install kit online. Additional information about updating your equipment online can be found here. 

A system refresh may be all you need to resolve the firmware issue.  Additional information about completing a system refresh can be found here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything else.

For additional information about Peacock on Xfinity X1 and Flex please see the following resources: 

https://www.xfinity.com/peacock

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-overview

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-faqs

https://www.peacocktv.com/xfinity

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/peacock-on-xfinity

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

I was about to ask the same thing.

Problem Solver

• 

781 Messages

4 years ago

Reportedly, the release is in stages, and NBC says that all X1 customers "should" have it by May 1.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

4 years ago

Actually, x1 subscribers were to get it on April 15th, remaining subscribers on May 1st. I'm an x1 subscriber and it's nowhere on my service. Comcast hasn't even posted a message regarding it either.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

And you can’t get ahold of anyone live to ask either.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

4 years ago

Comcast Rethinks Peacock Streaming Service Plans ....

Maybe this will help explain what is gong on.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

4 years ago

Your posted article says:

"Tomorrow’s limited launch will make the Peacock premium service available to customers of Comcast’s Xfinity video service and the company’s Flex service –  a streaming video offering offered at no charge to Comcast internet-only customers. Peacock will be available nationwide beginning July 15 as originally intended when plans for the service were announced in January, Comcast said."

So  Comcast customers should see it.   And the APP on Flex should be live.  But it is not.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

From Comcast’s official release, first sentence is important. When X1boxes get updated, they don’t all get updated on the first day. It’s been that way since the X1 platform began, be patient it will show

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/peacock-preview-xfinity-x1-and-flex

“Rolling out over the next few weeks”, X1 and Flex customers can start streaming more and scrolling less by simply saying “Peacock” into the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

4 years ago

The thing you're forgetting is that Comcast updates x1 subscribers around 2-3am, so it should have been rolled out. If there were going to be delays, then that should have also been communicated to subscribers. I'm not hurt over it but there have been a lot of subscribers who were actually waiting for Peacock. I'm not as worried about delays on original content moreso then I am with the huge back catalogue that Comcast has with the NBC UNiversal catalogue.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

I’m one of those ppl. I was ready to binge criminal intent.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@tempe21
If there were going to be delays, then that should have also been communicated to subscribers.
The press statement said exactly that , “rollout over the next few weeks”. From the time the X1 platform began, updates don’t happen across the board. It’s incremental, if have multiple boxes, you may find one box gets an update before others. It’s so it’s easier to roll back if there happens to be an update that needs fixing. If you don’t have it, be patient, you will.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

4 years ago

Exactly. Now, it's the 16th and still no Peacock.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

4 years ago

I restarted the flex several times today and got it to show up.   It's there.

Let me say this - utter disappointment.   They think people are going to pay $4.99 a month for this?   The availaible content is very limited and lacking.   I mean, wow.    Was looking forward to something - anything - and yet was like, well I can watch old re-runs of Fraiser, which is on one of the subchannels locally.   So what is there really here?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Possibly weeks not the next day. There’s 20 million plus boxes out there.
Be patient

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

4 years ago

Remember that what is on Peacock now is a PREVIEW. It is not the full content. That will come this summer on the full launch.

And there will be 3 tiers:

Free will have limited content with ads (but supposedly only 5 min/hr).

Standard will have full content with ads. Comcast customers will get this for free, otherwise it's $5.

Premium will remove ads for an extra $5.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here