baz123's profile

Contributor

• 

126 Messages

Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 8:37 PM

Closed

Onscreen Guide Showing Incorrect Showtimes

I have noticed, since the change to daylight saving time a couple of weeks ago, showtimes for my local PBS and LPB (Louisiana Public Broadcasting) stations have been listed incorrectly.  For example, if a program is listed at 2:00 pm, it actually airs at 1:00 pm.  Someone may have noticed the error eventually, but right now it's very difficult to plan viewing or DVR recording when you find out that you've already missed the program, or recorded the wrong one.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

I don't know if the fault lies with the local broadcasters or the cable company which posts the guide, but the schedule has not been updated for the correct time.  Please forward this information to the appropriate department, so the issue can be resolved.  Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

Lt looks like you did not update the correct time on your television.

Contributor

• 

126 Messages

2 years ago

Is the clock the reason this is happening only on public tv channels?  The only problem I've ever had with my tv is the clock, which loses time and must be reset repeatedly.  It is also supposed to update itself when the time changes, but I've found that it doesn't.  I rarely use it for anything.  Still, I doubt that's the cause.

The tv clock in my home is not related to the stations which broadcast the shows or the cable company which posts the guide.  I see something listed on the guide at 2:00 pm.  So, I turn on that channel at 2:00 pm (according to the cable box time).  Then I see that the program is already over, and I get the one that's listed for 3:00 pm instead. The same thing happens with the DVR or when streaming on my computer.  The schedules for all of the other channels are correct.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @baz123 We hope that your day is going wonderfully so far! Is this time discrepancy issue still present on the cable box? We do set the date/tie automatically to adjust for Daylight Savings as part of our regular maintenance and refreshes.  You are able though to run a manual refresh via the X1 Menu. Please see the article on how to do this. Let us know if this helps.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here