anneha's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

One channel (MSNBC) is not available intermittently - Anyone know the fix?

Asking for a friend, my TV is fine.  My friend asks:  Does anyone else have Comcast and have intermittent problems getting MSNBC? At least once a week, MSNBC is a black screen on my TV, usually for 10 or more hours!! Only that 1 channel goes black. All 3 TV's have the same problem.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

4 years ago

@anneha wrote:

Asking for a friend, my TV is fine.  My friend asks:  Does anyone else have Comcast and have intermittent problems getting MSNBC? At least once a week, MSNBC is a black screen on my TV, usually for 10 or more hours!! Only that 1 channel goes black. All 3 TV's have the same problem.

The problem is with the incoming signal reaching the cable-box. The MSN HD channel frequency falls in an area where the signal can be interfered with. He/she need to check all connections for loose cables pulling loose from end connector, etc. They may need a technician to check their wiring.

Ask them to check the lower frequency SD channel. That one worked for me when I had the problem over a year ago on my HD channel.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks so much! I have passed along the info.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I can't get msnbc on my channel guide but strangly my scheduled recordings of msnbc programs is working. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@alxyz123
When the dvr fails, a scheduled recording still records to the cloud. That’s what you’re seeing. MSNBC not coming in is a signal issue
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here