BruceW's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

Sunday, July 2nd, 2023 6:56 PM

Closed

No X1 or Flex box, how do I manage Peacock?

I activated the Peacock Premium Diamond Reward and now https://www.peacocktv.com/account/plans says "Your Plan: Peacock Premium". But it also says "Manage on Xfinity / Billed by Xfinity".  Clicking the Manage link takes me to http://www.xfinity.com/ which prompts me to log in. Once logged in I can find nothing related to my Peacock service.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription tells me how to manage Peacock using an X1 or Flex box, but I have neither. I use a Tivo for viewing Comcast TV channels and a Roku device for On Demand and Peacock. 

Is Comcast actually going to require customers to get an X1 or Flex box in order to manage their Peacock service? Why is there nothing in the Account pages about Peacock for customers with 3rd party equipment? Peacock's help pages contain all sorts of information for non-Comcast customers, but next to nothing for Comcast customers. Why?

It's hypothetical for now since I'm not planning to make any changes, but if I do decide to make a change, how do I manage my Peacock service???

ETA: The Xfinity Assistant and the Xfinity app were of no help.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

Could I please get an Employee response to this question? 

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

The "free" Peacock is now treated as 3rd party billing. Currently, you can't do much, not even update to Premium Plus (ad-free, live local, download on phone). I gave up on the free, used the code for $20 first year, and can do whatever I want whenever I want. It's not tied to Comcast account anymore.

Official Employee

• 

572 Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @BruceW! That is a great question! When you go to https://www.peacocktv.com/account/plans, do you see an option to change or cancel plan right above the monthly price? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

When you go to https://www.peacocktv.com/account/plans, do you see an option to change or cancel plan right above the monthly price?

No. The page does not list a "monthly price". Instead, I see this:

The "Manage on Xfinity" link, as stated, leads to to http://www.xfinity.com/ which prompts me to log in. Once logged in (to "https://www.xfinity.com/auth") I can find nothing related to Peacock management, no "cancel", no "change plan", nothing.

So, with nothing relevant in my Account pages and without an X1 or Flex box, if I do decide to make a change how do I manage my Peacock service?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

We're sorry to hear that you are not finding where to manage your Peacock subscription on the online portal @BruceW. We'd be happy to take a closer look at your account on our end and if you later decide to cancel your subscription we can definitely assist with that. Would you like to send us a direct chat message so we can take a look at your subscriptions? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@BruceW You should be able to manage your services and subscriptions through our online web portal https://www.xfinity.com/manage-my-account however, I see that you stated you didn't see the option to manage your subscriptions which is strange. To make a better determination as to why, we would need to take a closer look at the account, but managing 3rd party subscriptions is always something we can assist with as well if you're not seeing the option as long as you are subscribed though Xfinity. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

...  if you later decide to cancel your subscription we can definitely assist with that ...

So, you're saying that, despite the "Manage on Xfinity" link, that facility only exists for customers who have an X1 or Flex box? Others will need to go through Customer Service?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have an X1 box and you can't manage the Peacock subscription with that either.  Apparently managing Peacock thru an X1 box is only if you first activated Peacock via that box.  I have the same issue you are having in that I can't make any changes to my Peacock account and clicking the "Manage on Xfinity" doesn't redirect me anywhere useful.  I would love to upgrade to Peacock Premium-Plus, but Xfinity has made it impossible for me to give them my $$ for that service!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

I had Peacock on my computer. When they removed the link, it was replaced with a page asking for buy now, maybe later. I chose to delete the ad. Now my e-mail gets spammed 4 or 5 times a day with Peacock ads. How can I stop it? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I have the same situation. Linked Peacock and Xfinity account with email related to platinum rewards.  No X1 box. I see the same pages others here have reported. No activity on this thread for two months. I would be happy to give them money for Plus, but apparently that is not important to them.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for connecting with us @user_8fcb95. We would be happy to check on your Peacock subscription for you. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your name and address? We look forward to assisting today.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

2 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ I would also like support with this issue, however it seems the design of this section has changed, and I don't see a "Direct message" feature anywhere on this page (top right of this page now has the "account widget".) I attempted to call Xfinity about this issue awhile ago, and the CSR told me there was nothing they could do, and gave me a telephone number for Peacock that was disconnected. I would very much like to add the plus/ad-free option, and am happy to pay for it, if you would only take my money! :)

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@randomTask42 Thank you for messaging and making us aware of the issue you are having as well. Are you currently signed in to the forums? If so, Are you able to clear the cache and cookies of the browser or try to access the messaging options while using the incognito or private browser mode? 

2 Messages

Thanks, found this using a different browser.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here