yupik's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 15, 2019 12:00 PM

NHL Center Ice 2019-20 Season

I tried calling the xfinity center to get NHL Center Ice for the season and was told to sign up for the Sports Entertainment Package (SEP) and it looks like I get the NHL Network but I can't tell if that includes NHL.TV or Center Ice.

How do I ensure I get Center Ice? for 2019-20 without missing the games? I'm frustrated with the puacity of data available...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 y ago

@tbill1 wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

@ComcastChad wrote:
The subscription offer will be available on 9/23 and can easily be purchased from the X1 Interface and Games will be offered in HD as well.

so there will be like 9+ linear HD channels (with channel numbers)  for 'NHL center ice'

or is "offered in HD" mean via this 'Beta platform' (which seems to be around 5 years old now)

Cmon,  surely you know the answer to that 🙂

I just want HIM to go on the record and say it.

and by calling it beta (even if it is YEARS OLD" it allows then to wiggle out of any financial commitment because they state "well its only a beta thing"

they have no intentions of ever taking it out oif beta as far as I can see

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

@billmich88888 wrote:

@Microphone wrote:

And we know what the people who subscribe to MLB Extra Innings just went through with their Beta product.  

Thank you.

what exactly was that, I am unaware since I don't subscribe to the baseball package

There was an outage of the MLB Beta channels/app this past weekend and customer service denied it or had no clue what the Beta app was.  They just said MLB EI was up, which it was, but that was/is the mostly SD version.  They would later say since MLB EI Beta is just that, that anyone who asked for a refund in theory for games missed wouldn't get it.  I don't think that's the issue or what people REALLY wanted.  The issue is when you call Manila or south of the U.S., CS should know what MLB, NHL, & NBA Beta is.  They demonstrated this past weekend they don't.

I know that unless NHL CI comes with NHL.tv, that I'm just buying NHL.tv.  A few extra steps to get there and a bit of hassle, but I know I'm getting all the out of market games in HD without problems.  And anyone out there who thinks clicking to Roku then NHL.tv or MLB.tv is extra steps, getting to no channel number Beta teams is a lot of extra steps too. 

There's no way to assign any channel number to them Comcast folks?

ComcastChad

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

I believe the plan is to remove the “beta” tag and assign channels that will appear in the guide. Will have to check if it will be ready before the season starts or is updated after.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

@billmich88888 wrote:

@ComcastChad wrote:
I believe the plan is to remove the “beta” tag and assign channels that will appear in the guide. Will have to check if it will be ready before the season starts or is updated after.

this is great news if true, but i will believe it when i see it because of the lengthy time this "beta" has been around.

I am sure any "linear channel number" that is assigned, that these channels will still be IP channels

Thanks for responding @ComcastChad and I agree Bill.  The Xfinity App and these sports packages are way past the expiration dates listed on them regarding Beta.

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 y ago

@ComcastChad wrote:

this is great news if true, but i will believe it when i see it because of the lengthy time this "beta" has been around.

I am sure any "linear channel number" that is assigned, that these channels will still be IP channels

tbill1

Regular Contributor

• 

402 Messages

2 y ago

@ComcastChad wrote:

Is  that also the plan (for next spring) for MLB extra innings ?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Chad - one of the big problems in the past was that you couldn’t record games in HD (on access live through the Beta channel). Being a west coast fan of an east coast team - I have to record almost all the games to watch later. So I couldn’t watch via Xfinity and had to subscribe through the NHL site (which works but not easy and has some issues). Are you guaranteeing that this year xFinity will have NHL Center Ice be like other sports and have an HD channel for each game so it can be recorded? If so I will do that instead of through NHL.
Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

As promised, now advertised (see below).

And as promosed, no mention of NHL.TV like MLB EI had MLB.TV Smiley Sad

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/nhl/center-ice

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 y ago

no mention of much of anything at all in that link......

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

Hey @billmich88888 (or anyone else) I searched old topics and saw your name in those.  You had the Beta NHL last year yes?  I'm a late March arriver from Directv so I don't know this....as of the end of last season could you pause or rewind/ff the Beta product?  I know recording was no go.  Thanks.

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

Correct, nothing we don't already know.  Except that the NHL CI Early Bird Package is a couple of bucks cheaper than NHL.TV.

But I did sign in to my NHL.com this morning and Comcast/Xfinity is still NOT listed as an NHL.TV partner.

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

Thank you!

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 y ago

yes, you can rewind and pause and all that good stuff

the ONLY thing you could not do on those channels was record

bruistopher

Valued Contributor

• 

111 Messages

2 y ago

Ah, that’s not cool. I will subscribe to NHL.TV instead ($24.99/month). I like the ability to watch NHL games on demand and on the go, mobile.

But it would of been awesome if Comcast added NHL.TV with NHL Center Ice. Like they recently did with MLB Extra Innings and MLB.TV. I don’t even think Comcast offers access to NBA League Pass Digital on NBA.com, mobile, tablet or Roku/Apple TV with NBA League Pass 😞
Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

@bruistopher wrote:
Ah, that’s not cool. I will subscribe to NHL.TV instead ($24.99/month). I like the ability to watch NHL games on demand and on the go, mobile.

But it would of been awesome if Comcast added NHL.TV with NHL Center Ice. Like they recently did with MLB Extra Innings and MLB.TV. I don’t even think Comcast offers access to NBA League Pass Digital on NBA.com, mobile, tablet or Roku/Apple TV with NBA League Pass 😞

Yeah that's the part I don't get.  If Comcast was consistent and didn't offer the " .tv" products across the board, I'd understand the NHL decision.  But the fact they tossed in MLB.tv would lead you to think (check that, hope) they would throw in NHL.tv.  And I would think they'd almost want to as a fail safe in case the IP Beta product fails as it did with MLB recently.  Sometimes logic doesn't work.

New to the Community?

Start Here