yupik's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 15, 2019 12:00 PM

NHL Center Ice 2019-20 Season

I tried calling the xfinity center to get NHL Center Ice for the season and was told to sign up for the Sports Entertainment Package (SEP) and it looks like I get the NHL Network but I can't tell if that includes NHL.TV or Center Ice.

How do I ensure I get Center Ice? for 2019-20 without missing the games? I'm frustrated with the puacity of data available...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

102 Messages

2 y ago

@billmich88888 wrote:

Perhaps Comcast wants to do that and MLB was amenable to it and the other leagues are not.

Not all 4 pro leagues are run the same way by the same people

Just food for thought

The fact that Directv, Dish and a host of cable companies including Verizon Fios offer NHL CI in conjunction with NHL.tv leads me to believe the NHL is more than amenable to the idea

Regular Contributor

• 

400 Messages

2 y ago

Perhaps Comcast wants to do that and MLB was amenable to it and the other leagues are not.

Just food for thought

Regular Contributor

• 

400 Messages

2 y ago

@Microphone wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

Just food for thought

The fact that Directv, Dish and a host of cable companies including Verizon Fios offer NHL CI in conjunction with NHL.tv leads me to believe the NHL is more than amenable to the idea

you need to put sugar on your cereal 1st thing in the morning, not SALT.......

ritchea

Regular Contributor

• 

129 Messages

2 y ago

It sounds like no one has actually signed up for CI for this year. I used my X1 cable box/remote and ordered it. Now, how do I know that the order actually "took"? I did get a message on the screen that my purchase was successful and that I would have access to CI within 2 hours--something that was literally imposible. This was at 10AM on Monday. If I navigate back to the NHL Center Ice voice search, I still see the "Subscribe" box. No email about the added service. My billing doesn't roll over until after Oct. 4. If anyone does sign up through web or tv box, please share with me your verification method from Comcast. Thanks.

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

102 Messages

2 y ago

A quote from a subsciber to NHL CI from another provider yesterday.  Gee I wish this could happen to us:

"I tried to authenticate my free NHL.tv package from my Center Ice subscription again today and got the success screen. I guess I'll see tonight."

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

How exactly did you 'authenticate' your free NHL.TV account through your NHL CI subscription?

ComcastChad

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

Do you subscribe to HD service? HD is required to purchase NHL CI this year.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

102 Messages

2 y ago

@kndrmn wrote:

How exactly did you 'authenticate' your free NHL.TV account through your NHL CI subscription?

I didn't.  The person did who's cable or satellite provider includes NHL.tv with their NHL Center Ice subscription.  Just making the point of lot of providers do that.

ritchea

Regular Contributor

• 

129 Messages

2 y ago

@ComcastChad wrote:

ComcastChad, was this general info to the forum, or a response to my query regarding how to verify my CI purchase has actually been processed? I do subscribe to HD service.

EDIT: I stopped in at my local office today. Agent checked and the CI purchase shows up so I guess the X1 box order did work correctly. 

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

102 Messages

2 y ago

@ComcastChad wrote:

Why is that Chad?  You have a bunch of SD 600's/1300's set aside again for NHL CI.  Why is the X1 manadatory?  Is something happening we don't know about?

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

2 y ago

I used my X1 remote on Monday to sign up for Center Ice and got the same message that you did which was that it would be available in 2 hours. Well this is Tuesday and I go to channel 456 and I still get the same message I have been getting for 24 hours which is says that if I made a change to my account it is still being processed.  I also tried saying NHL Center Ice Beta on my X1 remote and it brings up the menu of all of the teams but when I click on any of the teams it says that I have to sign up which I already did.  

This is the same message I got for Extra Innings in September. When I called Comcast of course I got Mexico and they had no clue what I was talking about and I called 4 different times and got the same response each time. Nothing like getting no customer service when you call the Comcast Call Centers plus you can't understand them  because they barely speak English.

It turned out to be a software issue on the Comcast side with the Extra Innings problem that took 3 days to resolve. And this with Center Ice sound like it is a similiar problem.     

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

2 y ago

I stopped by the Comcast office this afternoon and one of the representatives checked and found no record that I had ordered the package through my X1 remote so he did it and it worked as I checked and the channels were available as was the Beta package.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

@ComcastChad any news on this? Will all games be available in HD on their own channels this year so that they can be DVR'd? Since season starts tomorrow, hoping to have an answer.
ComcastChad

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

You should be able to record in HD once the channels become available - last I was told is mid to late October.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

102 Messages

2 y ago

I did mine from my X1 remote between innings just now and all the channels "work", show that message listing tomorrow's 2 Canadian games, including on the Beta channels.

New to the Community?

Start Here