yupik's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 15, 2019 12:00 PM

NHL Center Ice 2019-20 Season

I tried calling the xfinity center to get NHL Center Ice for the season and was told to sign up for the Sports Entertainment Package (SEP) and it looks like I get the NHL Network but I can't tell if that includes NHL.TV or Center Ice.

How do I ensure I get Center Ice? for 2019-20 without missing the games? I'm frustrated with the puacity of data available...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

kcalccal

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

2 y ago

You will most likely have to wait until October 1st.  There is usually a 1-2 week free preview.  The agents still don't understand that the NHL Network is not Center Ice.  Just be patient it will be there

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

New Xfinity customer. Does center ice come with nhl network? I have the sports and entertainment package now because of it. If it’s included I can drop it no? And it doesn’t come out till October 1st so no preaseason?

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 y ago

center ice only gets you the ceter ice package and no other channels

center ice is for regular season games only

ComcastChad

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

NHL Center Ice should be available on 9/23 to purchase the early bird offer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

@ComcastChad

Hi Chad,
Thank you. What many of us are wanting to know is will NHL.tv be included with NHL Center Ice, just like MLB.tv was given to Extra Innings subscribers here as Comcast? Most every other major cable or satellite provider includes NHL.tv with the purchase of NHL Center Ice.
ComcastChad

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

I was told it does not include access to NHL.tv.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

Boooo!

Thanks for responding Chad.
ritchea

Regular Contributor

• 

129 Messages

2 y ago

Thanks for that, Chad. Do you know if subscriptions can be added via web, or must we (ugh) call?

Microphone

Regular Contributor

• 

104 Messages

2 y ago

Based on Comcast's track record, if there are say, premium channels, like HBO or Showtime, that are in SD, there is always acess to the app where you could watch it on Roku or On Demand for that matter in HD.  

Since NHL Center Ice on Comcast TECHNICALLY is still a mixed SD/HD product, you would think Comcast would follow the trends I mention above and thus toss in NHL.tv to give everyone the HD experience.

I don't want to hear about Beta because it's just that.  Beta.  And we know what the people who subscribe to MLB Extra Innings just went through with their Beta product.  C'mon Comcast, be consistent.  It's the 21st Century, your regular Center Ice all in HD or throw in NHL.tv like the majority of Cable and Satellite providers.  This isn't a channel choice dispute, this is SD (1999) vs. HD (2019).

Thank you.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I chatted with a Comcast agent who promised that all NHL Center Ice 2019-2020 games will be available in HD.  They did not say if that was in beta or not, and they did not know the price.  It will available in "early October" which is somewhat funny since the season starts on October 2.  Every customer seems to agree that broadcasting games in SD is just an insult to the customers, and you wonder why Comcast would even consider it.  Also, it seems that they should already know the price, so my suspicion is that it will be as expensive as NHL.tv (streamed on a Roku, for example), which is $116 for a single team and $145 for all teams/games (or maybe Comcast will charge even more??).  I would prefer to get this as an add-on to my Comcast package, and you would think that would be at least at a small discount to loyal Comcast cutomers versus buying NHL.tv directly from the NHL.

ComcastChad

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 y ago

The subscription offer will be available on 9/23 and can easily be purchased from the X1 Interface and Games will be offered in HD as well.

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 y ago

@ComcastChad wrote:
The subscription offer will be available on 9/23 and can easily be purchased from the X1 Interface and Games will be offered in HD as well.

so there will be like 9+ linear HD channels (with channel numbers)  for 'NHL center ice'

or is "offered in HD" mean via this 'Beta platform' (which seems to be around 5 years old now)

Regular Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 y ago

@Microphone wrote:

And we know what the people who subscribe to MLB Extra Innings just went through with their Beta product.  

Thank you.

what exactly was that, I am unaware since I don't subscribe to the baseball package

tbill1

Regular Contributor

• 

402 Messages

2 y ago

@billmich88888 wrote:

@ComcastChad wrote:

so there will be like 9+ linear HD channels (with channel numbers)  for 'NHL center ice'

or is "offered in HD" mean via this 'Beta platform' (which seems to be around 5 years old now)

Cmon,  surely you know the answer to that 🙂

New to the Community?

Start Here