OldFatAndGray's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

NHL Blackout Trouble - Channel stuck on Blackout

Two days ago, an evening game was blacked out to me on NHL Center Ice. No problem. I know I am in the Pittsburgh market and Pens games are not available to me on Center Ice. But I can watch them on ATT Sports from Pittsburgh. The trouble appeared the next afternoon when I attempted to watch an out-of-market game which was running on the same channel as the Pens game had the previous evening. The blocked message appeared. Another channel was carrying the feed from the other team and I could get that one fine. Same thing happened in the evening on the same channel. Another out-of-market game blacked out for me. Ditto this afternoon.

Clearly, the channel is stuck in "blacked out" mode. I phoned and went thru the problem with the rep, got the signal checked to the box, etc. But they can't fix the issue.

Anybody else ever experienced such a problem with NHL Center Ice?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks
That makes alot of sense
To whom do I report it?

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

4 years ago

No, but it has happened to me in the Chicago area with the MLB package.  IMO, it is a local "head end" issue where someone forgot to "flip the switch" Having customer  service try to fix it or reset your box is a complete waste of your time.  All you can do is report it and hope enough customers in your area also do likewise.  Most likely it will correct on  it's own in a couple of days. If it doesn't, you should call Comcast Corporate and get a case going.

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast Corporate has a number where you can report problems that customer service can't handle. They are in Philadelphia.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks very much
I will do that

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I live in the Mid Atlantic area and about a month ago I was able to watch NBCSports local network that carry the Caps games.  Now I cannot due to blackout which is a huge disappointment.  So I contacted NHL Live to see if I could get signed up to watch the games.  They told me blackout restrictions by Comcast will prevent me from streaming any live Caps games from internet even though I am paying Comcast for an internet connection.  All this of course in time for the playoffs.  Thanks Comcast for spoiling this for Caps fans.  Next action a complaint letter to Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here