Louie912's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 28th, 2023 4:13 PM

Closed

NEWSNATION

Please restore NEWSNATION 1420 to my channel lineup! It’s the best news channel!

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

@Louie912 - Thank you for your feedback, and for visiting the Xfinity Forums as a resource. I know it's important to catch your favorite programs and want to share that on March 28th NewsNation (previously 1420) had been moved to channel number 1116. NewsNation is also available for in-home and out-of-home live streaming with Xfinity Stream. The channel can be found in the All Channels and TV Go Channels sections of the Live TV listings.

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityThomasA​ My NewsNation was removed from channel 1420 to 1116. However, now it says I have to upgrade my package to see it. When I called customer service I was told I have to get the Xfinity News/Sports package added to my present package for $30.00 more a month!  I was told this was the only way I can get a news channel. I don’t get CNN either. I’m paying $190 a month now and can’t get a news channel? No wonder people are going to other providers. There was also no warning that I was going to lose my favorite channel. 
I am presently going over other options. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Lync5 - I apologize for the inconvenience this change may have caused you. Newsnation (previously channel 1420; in the Entertainment Genre Pack), has been changed to channel 1116 and is available in the Sports & News Genre Pack. This change enables us to better organize our channel lineup and place content within the correct Genre Packs. Please note DVR and Parental Controls will be affected by this change. Please make sure you reset any DVR recordings for the impacted channels. For more information regarding Parental Controls, please visit http://parents.xfinity.com/. Notifications regarding this change begun appearing on bill messages beginning January 26th. I'd be happy to work with you and look at your account and see if any promotional offers are available to you at this time, or we can revisit your services and ensure you are in the correct package based on your needs. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I believe it has been moved to 1116 on my system, though you have to get there through the channel guide, rather than simply by typing in the number without the guide up.  I'm not sure it has been properly associated with the set of Newsnation channels yet.  I think the SD version is at 191 as well, though the HD version is obviously preferable.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_d6d8d1​ I learned from the help desk, that you can enter 15. That worked.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

You have to subscribe now?  Wow. I pay enough as it is.  Maybe time to cancel.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_47b7f5​ I went to 191 and it is Newsnation

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Please restore my NEWSNATION 1420!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Louie912 - Thank you for your feedback, and for visiting the Xfinity Forums as a resource. I know it's important to catch your favorite programs and want to share that on March 28th NewsNation (previously 1420) had been moved to channel number 1116. NewsNation is also available for in-home and out-of-home live streaming with Xfinity Stream. The channel can be found in the All Channels and TV Go Channels sections of the Live TV listings.

This reply has been converted into a comment
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Enter 15. I learned that from the help desk. It worked.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_408de7​ ???  What do you mean "enter 15"?  I have an Xfinity box for my main TV, and I use Roku on my other TVs.  Neither one is picking up 1420.  I entered 15 on my cable box and it's just a channel.  Not sure what you mean.  I did find NewsNation SD on channel 187 and also 1116 - in York County PA.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Mine too!!!!!

(Lowell, Ma)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Xfinity, have you lost your mind?!? Having to pay for a news station is ludicrous! I’ve been a customer for 30 years. Looks like it’s time to find another internet provider and cut the cord. 

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We would like to help look further into this with you, @CarrieAnneS. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a Direct Message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

As noted in another thread, see if it works after a day or two, as it can take a bit for things to ripple down. Otherwise, Comcast may have moved it to a higher tier, as NewsNation's owner, NexStar, is very aggressive with raising retransmission fees. Comcast has to either raise prices, move it to a higher tier, or drop it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Thank you for restoring News Nation. I

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here