billflyer's profile

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Friday, August 12th, 2022 5:51 PM

Closed

NewsNation

Comcast indicates that they carry NewsNation on Channel 1420, but 1420 does not come up on my cable box. It goes from 1418 to 1421, skipping 1419 and 1420.  What's going on?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

2 years ago

@billflyer 

Comcast indicates that they carry NewsNation on Channel 1420, but 1420 does not come up on my cable box. It goes from 1418 to 1421, skipping 1419 and 1420.  What's going on?

NewsNation is an IP channel.  You need to be on the X1 platform in order to get it.  Do you have an X1 box?

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@Again​ That explains it! I do not have the X1 equipment. Thank you very much.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I receive NewsNation on Xfinity on channel 810.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I just saw the ticker on NewsNation while watching Blue Bloods. That NewsNation is being removed from Comcast. I hope that this is not true. I watch TV about 4 hours a night and three of those hours are NewsNation. I already pay almost $200.Mo for my cable and if this is going to happen, I will change carriers for my internet and cable. Comcast has been taking more and more channels and putting them into the "pay extra" categories and I am getting sick of it. I have been a loyal Comcast customer for around 20 years and I am beginning to be quite disgruntled with Comcast. This would be the straw which broke the camels' back.

Gunny

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I thought I saw the same ticker announcement. I was just going to send my disappointment to Comcast. Hopefully someone will respond to this post 12/10/2022

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Forums. At this time no information has been provided regarding this network being removed. We always provide a channel lineup that is best for our customers interests and price value. We will update here if we receive information regarding this channel. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

It might depend on where we live. We still have it on channel 810 (linear cable) in Minnesota. I don't happen to watch it.

Contributor

• 

211 Messages

2 years ago

I'm in New Jersey, and we have it on Ch. 191.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

NewsNation is on channel 12 in the Pittsburgh area and we are getting this message. NewsNation is one of the best channels on our lineup if it's taken away I will have to rethink if I'm going to keep may TV service with Comcast. Keep NewsNation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I happen to like news nation channel (WGA) and programs.  please continue to carry it

Contributor

• 

211 Messages

@user_baf4bb​  Wouldn't it be nice if what we liked (and pay for) mattered.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

NewsNation is on 1420 in my area.  I saw the ticker yesterday and as of today, channel 1420 is no longer.  Why have you removed it?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Bring back news Nation, and Sundance. Stop removing channels I pay for. I can't wait until FIOS is available at my address so I can dump you people.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_0896a1​ 

Here is a great link https://www.xfinity.com/howitworks/ on why networks can be removed from tv line up

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

News Nation is about 60% of my TV time. If Comcast takes it away I will remove Comcast as my cable provider. I pay close to $200 for my monthly basic cable and internet bill and am quite sure I can get a much better deal somewhere else. I have been with Comcast for over 20 years and their service is getting worse all the time.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hello, @user_241374 and thread. Thank you for your feedback about NewsNation. We definitely want to provide the content that you enjoy watching. This link shows information about Channel Requests and Availability. There is a suggestion link on that page that goes directly to our team that handles our channel lineups. We encourage you to take a moment and also fill that out. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I will cancel my service if they remove News Nation I am done with these guys. I have been wanting to cancel for years and this is the feather for me. 

Someone is upset that people (from both sides of the isle) have the opportunity to hear real debates and news that is as close to unbias as you can get these days.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Don’t be fooled by all the warnings on your coverage by Fox and NewsNation.  This is a contract ploy by parent companies and our charges might actually go up if Comcast agrees to contract changes.   We don’t have details of the contracts and the viewers are being used as pawns by the owners of local stations.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here