A

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 10th, 2022 5:27 PM

Closed

NewsNation being dropped

A message went across the screen that said Comcast Xfinity was dropping NewsNation.  [Edited: "Solicitation"].   That’s our favorite News source.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

If you need to drop a channel drop Fox News and Keep NEWSNATION. It's one of the best channels on you lineup.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@vop184​ agree!  Get rid of FOX news!  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Do not cancel NewsNation as its the only decent news station you broadcast.  Dan Abrahms and Chris Cuomo provide exdellent objective news.

If you cancel NewsNation I will cancel my Triple Play subscription.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We want to look into this with you and help where we can, @user_c32742 . Could you please send us a Direct Message to get started?

To send a Direct Message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

2 years ago

I wonder how many people are going to actually leave Comcast if News Nation is dropped? To be honest, Comcast could care less if people leave over this. Carriage disputes happen all the time. In Atlanta, Dish Network is having a dispute with the local ABC affiliate WSBTV. Each company blaming the other.

In January I'm leaving Comcast TV for Youtube TV due to the outrageous Regional Sports and Broadcast TV increase. I'll still have internet with them. Most of the people I work with, have cut the cord a long time ago, and I work with people of all ages, old and young. Does Comcast care, nope.

I'm typing this to say this, at the end of the day, Comcast is going to do what they want to do, and you can stay with them and complain, or say enough is enough and cut the cord. For me, enough was the fee increases, by reading most of the messages in this topic, if Comcast drops News Nation, will that be enough for the people here to leave?

(edited)

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@ki1o​ It is for me with all the cost increases etc this will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@vop184 If there is anything I can do to assist, 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

@XfinityAbbie No disrespect, but like most people posting in this topic @vop184 is implying that if News Nation is dropped, it "will be the straw that breaks the camels back."

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@ki1o​ Yeah. The fee increases are obscene. It's almost as if they are TRYING to get people to leave. I doubt they make the margins they want on their TV service, so they are trying to gouge people to get them to cut the cord and use their Internet service only which, of course, they will charge you more the more you stream/use. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ki1o​ oh, I believe most who have commented here will drop Comcast.  There are so many other options out there.  Like some folks have said, this will be the straw that will make them drop Comcast.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Do not remove Newsnation!!!   This is the best news channel on Comcast/Xfinity.   

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please do not drop newsnation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

News Nation is an important option for unbiased news reporting. Removing it would be a great disservice to viewers!  Keep the contract we agreed to pay for!!! 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Please do not remove NewsNation.  That is one that doesn't censor the news.  You will lose a lot of customers.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please do not drop News Nation! It’s basically the only thing we watch, our kids all watch their shows through streaming channels.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please keep Newsnation. Our household has been really enjoying it and believe it is much needed as they really try to present a balanced perspective.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I will drop Comcast if they get rid of NewsNation.  It is one of the ONLY un-biased news channel we all have. Does anyone know why this is happening and what we can do to help stop it?  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@ioconar​ Below says that their contract is expiring.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

Programming Changes

Most of the channels that we offer are owned by media companies other than Comcast, which means we need to pay those companies in order to bring their channels to our customers. We negotiate contracts with these media companies to obtain the rights to carry their channels, on-demand content, and streaming apps on our platforms. Comcast has successfully renegotiated thousands of expiring contracts over the years and rarely experienced an interruption of service. For more information on how we work with programmers, visit  How It Works.

We list below contracts for channels that have recently expired or may expire soon, as well as other recent and upcoming programming changes. Once a channel contract expires, we no longer have the right to carry that channel and associated on-demand content on our platforms. Loss of broadcast stations listed here would include loss of the multicast signals, if any, associated with the stations. This site (or a link to another dedicated site) will be updated to reflect status changes to the listed channels.

December

• NewsNation

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I get the cost that Xfinity has to pick up but I pay over $250 per month which should be more than enough to pay them to renew the contract.  Worst case scenario, there is always satellite 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Do not remove Newsnation!!!!

If this is something you feel you need to do, I will (after over 20 years) be forced to switch my cable and wifi carrier!!!! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

News Nation offers a more unbiased news report than network television provides. The time length gives continuous coverage of events that make it possible to have news coverage when convenient for a multitude of viewers, without being redundant.  We truly hope that Xfinity will keep this well produced news service available to their customers.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Don't remove News Nation from Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Don't remove News Nation from our services

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Do NOT drop NewsNation from the Comcast cable lineup!! For what I pay, you should at least provide a news station that actually reports the news. Take away NewsNation, that's the last straw for me. I cut the cord and get Internet from a competitor. Comcast pushed me too far if they drop NewsNation.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here