CurlyMamaw's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 6th, 2022 7:43 PM

Closed

Newsmax not working

3/6/22 Newsmax is not working. Please get this fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

962 Messages

2 years ago

Hey @CurlyMamaw, thank you for reaching out to us on our forums. We definitely don't want you to miss out on the news especially with everything going on in the world. When you try to access the channel, are you getting an error message with an error code at the bottom right?

Regular Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Usually wen I get up at 6:30 a.m. I can get Newsmax..  I leave at 7, turning off tv, and return at 8 and Newsmax goes away...every day.  I randomly try during the day but usually it will not come back.  What is the issue with NewsMax on the Flex Box?  Please don't give me the reset lingo as I have done everything.  Normally I go to my Firestick where it works perfectly.

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hello! Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity
Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Where is Newsmax? Can’t find it on my favorites or all channels!

Did Xfinity eliminate them them from all broadcast channels?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Where is Newsmax on my channel guide. Seems like it’s gone!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_730582. Thanks for letting us know that you checked your favorites or all channels. If you have a voice remote you can say "Newsmax" to change to the station. I show that should be on channel 1115. Is that the number you checked already? I am in a different state but am able to view Newsmax on that channel number as well.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Today I tried to search for Newsmax on a PC using Comcast website for streaming, in my house, and it does not find the channel. It only finds a show or two from Newsmax.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please my friend lives in islamorada has comcast extended and when she inputs channel 1115 newsmax it skips to channel 1120 and yet i also live in the florida keys in key west and my newsmax works fine on my comcast any ideas as ti how I can help her get newsmax w/o having to buy a streaming device.

thank you

susy

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @user_d7bec5 We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today. I know how important it is to ensure you are able to watch the channels you want. There are some signals we can send to try to fix this but its best to have the account holder reach out so we can talk to them directly and make sure the signals fixed the problem. She can also try troubleshooting from the Xfinity app or website to see if that helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We are always here for you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Looks like Comcast/xfinity is making a move to limit access to NEWSMAX on their network. I am in Albuquerque, NM and was watching Newsmax on Thursday. I tried to catch it Friday evening (20May) and keep getting an alert that I now need to subscribe to get them. Problem is there is no subscription to sign up for on the website. There was no notification, no alert, no nothing! Looks like a stealth attempt at censorship IMO otherwise why the secrecy in taking this action? When will a subscription be available? 

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@PettBrenson​ Newsmax is on the X1 platform and is an IP channel.  If you have X! you should be able to get Newsmax on channel 1115.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

7 JULY 2022

NEWSMAX is now being blocked...[Edited: "Political"]...

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

969 Messages

Hey there, @user_b7dde7! Thanks for reaching out with this update. Are you receiving a particular error code or message when attempting to access Newsmax?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yes, we noticed Newsmax, channel 1115 is blocked today.     What is the problem?         

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Please let us know why Newsmax is being blocked!!!

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello and thanks for taking the time to reach out @user_eb4c2f. Newsmax is a channel that is an IP channel as our awesome Expert explained. Are you still having issues getting the channel or were you able to get this resolved? -Aaron 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here