Newsmax no longer available

It was working yesterday but today I don’t have access 

1 Message

3 days ago

Same here.  What is going on?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_hgi4ud, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Video services.

We’ve identified the issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity TV services and are working as quickly as possible to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 days ago

Me too gone need subscription

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_mdg3o4​ Refresh your system. I did it and Newsmax was available again 

1 Message

I rebooted the box and get the same result.  Subscription required for Newsmax, another $35 for xfinity.  Probably 100 useless channels I never watch and they remove the one I watch.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

There's a difference between rebooting the box, and a system refresh. Press "A" on your remote, and then click on system refresh.

Rebooting the box didn't work for me, but the system refresh made Newsmax visible again (without a subscription needed)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thank you for the tip.  It worked for me.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_30ea02​ Absolutely worked for me as well!  Thanks so much for the info :-)

1 Message

3 days ago

Same here, no Newsmax.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_kyjkgi, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Video services.

We’ve identified the issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity TV services and are working as quickly as possible to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 days ago

Same here.  Maybe we all need to cancel and find another provider.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Did you try refreshing your boxes? Press "A" on the remote, and then press refresh. It solved my problem and Newsmax works now.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_30ea02​  I tried this and I got "there is a video outage in you area, we cannot refresh"  :(   I tried!

1 Message

I just got done with a live chat (there were about 2500 people in line ahead of me).  This was the answer -

"I would like to inform you that there is a global outage occurring which is why your streaming and TV services are not working
Our IT team is currently working on improving your streaming service to make it more enjoyable. You will be able to watch it within asap After this upgrade, you will be able to see a few additional features, as well as enjoy smoother services."  They think it will be fixed in 1-2 hours.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We’d regret seeing you go @user_hsskif! Our engineers have informed our team restarting the box should resolve this issue within 15 minutes. Please:

1. Press the A button on your remote control to access the Help menu.
  2. Press the OK button to select the Restart tile.
  3. Press the OK button again to select Restart.
  4. It may take a few moments for the TV Box to restart.

For more steps on restarting the equipment, we have this really handy article here! Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues after these steps. 

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

user_6tjrrd Are you still needing assistance with this? I know some customers were able to get this resolved as we do have some things we can try on our end. Can you confirm if you're having this issue with the Xfinity Stream app or from your cable box/TV?

1 Message

2 days ago

I am canceling my Comcast over this nonsense with Newsmax. I pay around $350 a month....no more!

4 Messages

Press "A" on the remote, and then press refresh. It solved my problem and Newsmax works now.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 days ago

I got the same result in MA. "there is a video outage in you area… a system refresh will not fix this issue” 

I don’t know why I keep on with Comcast! It’s always something! $300 plus a month, loyal customer, bought the 99 dollar triple play YEARS ago, and what do you get for loyalty?
Increased pricing year over year, less channels you want and more useless channels!
Had a full movie channels package and each year lost one, then another, then another, and got ScreenPix and Hitz. Great I can watch movies from the 80’s! 
How about a streaming service where most of the time I am told I can’t watch unless I’m on my home network! What’s the point of that? I’m NOT home and want to watch the game! 
At $300 a month (plus) they should be negotiating better contracts to maintain availability, not lessen availability for their customers!

Shall I continue? UGGGH! 
Tonight I just want to watch the ONE channel I watch and this is what I get! 
DO BETTER Comcast because Verizon, Direct TV, YouTube and Sling are looking better and better each day you fail!

What kind of credit are we getting for your service being unavailable? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

System refresh worked for cable box but is still gone from the xfinity stream app.  Need to search for it (oneword- newsmax) on the app

4 Messages

Press "A" on the remote, and then press refresh. It solved my problem and Newsmax works now.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 days ago

After 23 years (2001) I'm a Diamond customer @ $300 a month. I refreshed twice and unplugged for 5 minutes twice. Still no Newsmax. Chat and phone time is close to 3 hours today. AT&T fiber is available. I'm waiting on Google fiber; coming soon. Wife likes Comcast lineup but she is mad enough to switch now. I have been on the phone twice with 2 different agents and Chat once. All 3 assured me problem would be remedied in 3 or 4 hours. I don't like being lied to.  I am on my last nerve.

4 Messages

1 Message

2 days ago

Does anyone else find it strange that Newsmax and a few other news channels been removed from our channel lineup right before the election?  I certainly do!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@user_ubwblm​  yeah what a coincidence !!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 days ago

643 am on east coast and cannot refresh 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 days ago

Refresh worked. Let’s hope Xfinity keeps Newsmax without requiring updated service packages (=$$)

3 Messages

I just did a refresh and it still says I need a subscription to NewsMax.  Are they stopping us from watching Conservative television?  I am so sick of Comcast.  I am not waiting for 3 hours on the phone and the virtual chat is worthless!

3 Messages

Just unplugged and replugged still not working.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

17 hours ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_viw2gn! I see some users have reported a refresh has resolved this concern. For troubleshooting purposes could you please press "A" on the remote and then press refresh?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here