U

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 1:48 AM

Closed

RE: NBC Audio/Video Out of Sync during live broadcast

To the Xfinity team:  You are missing what the root of this problem is … the audio being out of sync is ONLY with NBC broadcasts. 

This post was created from this reply on different post

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

8 months ago

@user_yazebk We thank you for taking the time to let us know of this, we want to ensure that you can enjoy your NBC content without issue! I am not showing there are any known issues for this channel at this time. While only one channel may be impacted, we do still have to ask certain questions to ensure we can properly troubleshoot this. Can you confirm the following details for me?

1. Are you using a Bluetooth audio speaker or audio receiver to listen to content, or your TV speakers?
  2. What type of audio connection are you using (Coax, Digital Coax, HDMI, Optical, RCA/AV Jacks [Red/White cables])?
  3. Is the audio out of sync on NBC as soon as you load the channel, or does it de-sync over time?
  4. Roughly how long is the difference between the sound and picture on screen?
  5. Are all NBC Live, On Demand, and recorded conent having the same issue with syncing?
  6. If you were to restart your TV and cable box by unplugging them both for at least 15 seconds and then plugging them back into the outlet, are you seeing any change?
We are committed to finding the cause of this so you can enjoy your services with us! We look forward to hearing back from you on this. 

3 Messages

I have the same problem. Have 3 TV's ( all SONY Bravia ) and only 1 has the lip sync problem. The local broadcast appear to be OK, just the national shows ( Today Show, Chicago MED, PD & FIRE, Law & Order, etc.)  There must be a logical answer.....but the Comcast/Xfinity stores just want me to swap out boxes for 'trial & error'. If a service tech comes out, I will be charged. HELP!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you @user_mvk1iy we'd like to help try and get this resolved for you remotely. Have you tried any troubleshooting? (you can take a look at the suggestions above) . 

Hey @user_yazebk, are you still experiencing issues? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here