U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 5th, 2023 7:37 PM

Closed

NBA League Pass channel guide

I subscribe to NBA League Pass from Xfinity. The channel guide is not showing any games on any of the League Pass channels after January 5. Therefore, I am not able to set up DVR recordings for upcoming games. This issue exists botn on the X1 box and on the Xfinity Stream app. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Getting same issue. Waiting to see if they post after midnight. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Having same problem.  Last worked correctly Tuesday of this week.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_43bab5, and thank you for letting us know you are having the same issue as some other customers. If you are still having the same problem, and would like some assistance we would be happy to. Please create your own public post with a description of the issue you are experiencing we can assist you from, and we would be happy to assist in any way we can. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I have contacted Xfinity Support via Twitter, sent them a DM as requested. Also sent to NBALPSupport. It’s been 45min now and zero reply. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_5da297​ Same here, any updates?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here.  Hope they get it fixed soon so as to not miss any games I want to watch.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there, @user_2c09a6, thank you for taking the time to post on our Xfinity Forums. I understand how important it is to get this corrected so you don't miss out on any games, especially for your favorite team. Has the guide been updated, or are you still not showing any games? Has basic troubleshooting been completed?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ 

Still not showing any games.  Does not give the option to record any games either.  I have a team on my favorites list and it says I have to upgrade to watch and I have already paid.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ no, there are still no games listed in the guide on any of the NBA League Pass channels on either my X1 box or on the Xfinity Stream app. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_2c09a6  Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Did a sync operation and observed no change (still not working properly).

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

@user_a83016 thank you for reaching back out to us to let us know what you're experiencing, we apologize for the delay, our software engineers have been alerted and are working to create a permanent solution, Estimated time of resolution is pending at this time. 

There should be some NBA league pass games that may be accessible without using the sports app.

For a temporary solution, are you able to use the voice remote or buttons on the x1 remote to tune or set recordings for some NBA league pass channel games?

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for pointing this out, same exact thing here too. Seems to be a new glitch for all NBA LP subscribers then, hopefully they fix this week.  No amount of “troubleshooting” on subscriber end would fix this, nothing we can do about it on our end.

At least we can technically watch the games live this time unlike the horrible issues earlier in season when they went down completely for everyone on tv and stream.

So another side effect of this new issue you’ve discovered, besides not being able to record games, is it also messes the games up in the Sports app/watch now section. (C button on the remote), which makes it harder to jump around game to game live.

Since the games are not showing in channel guide, they also are not showing in the “watch now” or “NBA” section of the sports app. When working correctly, we have the nice normal interface in the watch now section, where you click watch now once, then pick the league pass team broadcast you want to watch out of the two choices that pop up. Currently it is just a glitch that says “upgrade now to watch”, which is obviously an error since we all pay for NBA LP if we’re posting here.

So the temporary workaround that is look up all current games going on, on a separate device like a phone, then manually select the 4 digit channel range that the League Pass channels are in, then manually scroll around through these 30 channels, and pick a game you can find happening since they aren’t showing in the guide.  The channels then seem to work still at least.

Hopefully this is fixed this upcoming week, if not, can someone with Xfinity please update us?  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I understand how aggravating this must be, @binaural2000. I apologize for the delay, our software engineers have been alerted and are working to create a permanent solution. An estimated time of resolution is pending at this time. 

There should be some NBA league pass games that may be accessible without using the sports app.

For a temporary solution, are you able to use the voice remote or buttons on the x1 remote to tune or set recordings for some NBA league pass channel games?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity level 2 is sending us a new box, implying it’s a hardware problem. If this were valid how odd that it’s only affecting a particular box AND NBA league pass users. This looks more like a software release/upgrade issue specific to NBA league pass. Who actually controls the guide and on demand/sports DVR functions?  Was there a software upgrade earlier this week? This stuff is scheduled, and there’s documentation ( assuming this isn’t a software release control fly by the seat of our pants company). Was Saïd possible software release run through QA? Was there a script to test for this?  Xfinity attempting to deal with this incident by incident is not effective and wastes company resources.

Xfinity:

- who controls guide and DVR software?

- Was a software release executed that included any NBA league pass upgrades?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Saaaame! Any solutions? I've spent hours on the phone with customer support in the past 2 days. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_8508b9 , and thank you for reaching out to us about your issue with the NBA League pass. If you are still having issues, can you create your own public post we can troubleshoot with you from please? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

A few games are starting to show in the guide now, but not all (I see Utah/Memphis on Sunday and Washington/New Orleans on Monday but that's it). Clearly it is an issue on Xfinity's side and not our equipment.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Hey everyone - it looks like the problem is resolved (for now). A twitter commenter notified me and I checked and yep, games are now listed and DVR set-up is back to normal. 🏀🏀🏀

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_5da297​ It's working for me now also. Finally! I wonder why it took them so long.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here