U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 21st, 2021 9:06 PM

Closed

Music Choice Channels now periodically freeze

I am having trouble with my Music Choice channels on multiple TVs in my home. The channels will play for a few minutes then freeze and the screen goes slightly blurry. The only way to fix this is to change to a regular channel and then change back to Music Choice but this only works for a few moments before the channel freezes again.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Good afternoon, user_cbc697! Thanks for posting your question here in the community, we appreciate you choosing this method of support! 

It's frustrating to hear about what's going on with your Music Choice channels. Especially during the holidays! I wanted to step in and offer some help. One question we'd have right off the bat is if this is happening on more than one cable box, if you have more than one in your household. That piece of info helps narrow down the cause, but what I can tell you right off the bat is that these channels do run on a higher frequency than other regular channels. What that means is that they require more signal strength and if/when they're not getting enough, it'll lead to problems exactly like what you're experiencing with yours. The number one cause is a loose coaxial cable cord connection, the second is a bad splitter. Even if you haven't touched the cords in the back of the box, please check them. Even the slightest adjustment can make a huge difference. Once you're able to do that, please confirm with us here and we will be happy to help further if needed.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMorgan,

Thanks for reaching out. This issue is happening with more than one cable box but only one of the boxes has the coaxial cable cord connection. (The other one is smaller and wireless, I guess.) I have tried to tighten the coaxial cable on both ends. The end attached to the wall is screwed on very tightly and I was unable to tighten it much further. I had better luck with the end attached to the cable box. The fix seemed to work for a while but the Music Channels did still freeze eventually.

Are there any other tricks we can try? Thanks again!

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thanks for getting back to us, @user_cbc697 and @user_f1633a. I was wondering if either of you tried the System Refresh signal? You can find it by saying "System Refresh" to the voice remote by using the Video then Troubleshooting tab in the Xfinity My Account app. This sends out a fresh set of signals from our end and resets the internal connection. Our X1 cable boxes have a modem in them that sometimes needs to be reset with the signals. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue freezing then blurry picture on Soundscapes and Sounds of the Seasons. It is a wireless box. Have tried system refresh with no luck. 

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We have the same problem and have also refreshed.  This has got to be more than just a few of us.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issue here. It began months ago  infrequently but  now occurs from ever 10 to 20 minutes especially on channel 543 Soundscapes. Gone through the whole routine of refresh and restart and unplug and re-plug in addition to 2 visits from Comcast techs with complete changes to cable box and router. Freezing. Blurring. No sound. Nothing has fixed this. May have to do with inferior equipment but Comcast seems not to have serious interest in fixing this.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I now have the same issue after I "upgraded" to a new X1 box. I have refreshed several times, talked to a tech, re-set the box. It works for a while and then Music Choice 748 losses connection and the Tv switches to another channel (local Fox station 190). ????

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you have had. Have you had a UDB refresh on the account? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here