U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tue, Aug 24, 2021 11:18 AM

Muitple entries for same channel being presented

It just started this Sunday 8/22/21. When I choose an HD channel to watch, then try to change channels, both the HD and non-HD channels appear on the selection screen. So I have three or four channels that have two entries. I uninstalled and re-installed, but that did not change anything. I made sure my selections are for HD only.  We are using a Roku TV. Last night I deleted the xfinity app, unplugged the TV and after a few hours re-installed the app, activated it again and the problem still occurs.     

Official Employee

• 

72 Messages

2 m ago

Hello, @user_5e909c, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums I hope you are having a fantastic day so far! I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with the stream app on your Roku TV, I know how frustrating that can be and this is not the experience we want you to have as a valued member of the Xfinity family.

You have reached the right team to help get this resolved for you today. Can you send us a private message with your first and last name and address to get started?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinitySean 

The account is under the name Laura [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Address [Edited: "Personal Information"]

This is on a Roku TV. I have tried uninstalling the app three times. Once after uninstalling I turned the TV off with no change. Restarted the TV and router a few times and no change.  I have a second TV with a Roku attachment, but have not used that to see if it is happening there.  Restating the problem, I can choose the HD version of the channel, but when I change channels the initial channel now displays what I think is the non-HD channel and the HD channel. At times I will choose the HD channel, then check to see which one it went to and it displays the non-HD channel. Example, channel 1110 is the HD channel, but then channel 38 appears as the non-HD channel.  Thank you.           

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinitySean 

Looking for any updates to this problem. It has been a few days with no resolution. 

Official Employee

• 

338 Messages

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize for the delay. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. We appreciate your signing up to be a part of the Comcast family, and I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for with your service. May I confirm with whom I am speaking with? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I am Laura's husband. It seems to have been fixed as some of the channels only show up once. I will work with it today so see if it has been fixed.

Official Employee

• 

338 Messages

I will follow up later tonight to check on our services if I do not hear from you sooner.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here