awebbiz's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 25th, 2024 4:40 PM

Movies! channel

What happened to the Movies! Channel? It used to be on channel 343 but now it is gone.

Accepted Solution

1 Message

3 months ago

I went to the store. I was told that an e-mail was sent out April 18th informing users that 343 would be gone June 25. Xfinity does not own the channel - only broadcasts it - and it was no longer being aired by the company.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

two tips:  try FMC 1078 for some old movies.  and youtube is a goldmine of public domain classics. so is Internet Archive online. 

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@Puffy2​ Thank you! I get FMC 1078. I never look at those higher channels and didn't even know it was there. Thanks a ton!

Official Employee

• 

560 Messages

Hey there @zephmarie. @user_8zu77g was spot on with their response. We sent out information about the change on the April/May statements for the areas that were affected. Check out our How it Works resource for additional information on how our agreements with broadcasters can change. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

"TV Update: On June 25, 2024, KVOS-Story will be dropped from channels 344 and 1187 in your lineup. Additionally on that date, KVOS-Movies! will be dropped from channels 343 and 1188 in your lineups."

Can't tell if that is an Xfinity decision or a KVOS one.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@user_8zu77g

“Xfinity does not own the channel - only broadcasts it - and it was no longer being aired by the company.” The channels MOVIES! And STORY are local channels in Seattle on over-the-air broadcasts. How does Xfinity justify continuing to charge a “Broadcast TV Fee” then drop local broadcast channels from the Xfinity lineup?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

I do not see this listed in the contract negotiation pages either.

1 Message

3 months ago

Is there an easy way to check with Xfinity to let them know that the channel is missing? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

dealing with Xfinity require to drink a casr of wine first.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hi there, Tikka_girl and thread. We are able to look into the channel. If there are any channel lineup changes such as a channel moving numbers, we also list that in messages on your statements. What is the channel that you are not seeing? If you have an X1 box, have you tried saying the channel name into the voice remote? If the listing moved, it should come up that way. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

texting to solve issues with comcast/xfinity is useless

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

KVOS is in Bellingham and they own FXM and KVOS.

Their phone number is [Edited: "Personal Information"]

And if Xfinity and KVOS get enought complaints maybe we'll see a programing miracle.

Please let me know if you have any luck with them...

(edited)

18 Messages

The miracle would come from Comcast/Xfinity.  Comcast made the decision to drop the channels. I hope they hear us.  I am extremely unhappy. 

1 Message

3 months ago

My favorite channel is MOVIES!  Communicating with XFINITY is not easy.  Pretty poor customer service in my opinion.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Mine too and I was not HAPPY when I went to see what was playing only to get Univision. I am NOT happy about this, as far as I know with no prior notice.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I contacted Xfinity customer "service" this morning and they never heard of this channel.  It was there last night and this morning --- poof -- gone.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

marbaby58 Hello! Thanks for using our Forums to contact our team and we are happy to work with you to make sure you are getting the best rate for the channels you watch. Please send us a DM to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

Bring back Channel 343!

18 Messages

Movies! answered my email with the following:  "Comcast has made some changes in the Seattle area and Movies! and Story Television are not available on Comcast/Xfinity systems at this time".  As I thought, this change is  a result of a Comcast decision to eliminate channels and continue charging the  same or increased prices to customers.  

1 Message

3 months ago

Me too!! It's simply gone! I even tried to find it using voice search, and nothing. Totally bizarre.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, user_gp7hf1. Thanks for your interest in the Story and Movies! channels. We provide messages on your statements about any upcoming changes to your programming. The content available is provided to us by the networks. The programming availability, pricing, and broadcast are subject to their discretion. I show in May a message went out on the statements that shows:  On June 25, 2024, KVOS-Story will be dropped from channels 344 and 1187 in your lineup. Additionally on that date, KVOS-Movies! will be dropped from channels 343 and 1188 in your lineup

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Any response from Xfinity yet? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Story television 343 is gone too

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

3 months ago

Just came here with same question. That was one of my fave channels. No warning, just gone.

BRING BACK MOVIES! channel 343. We pay a heep load of money for Xfinity tv service and should get what we pay for.

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

3 months ago

Try contacting them on their Twitter acct. That's what I'ma do.

https://x.com/Xfinity/with_replies

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

3 months ago

Here's my Tweet to them. Like or RT or Reply. Let's let them know this is unacceptable.

https://x.com/zephmarie/status/1805815460434526386

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

This is just bizarre.  When I called xfinity, they act as if Movie! channel 343 and 1188 never existed.  I WANT MOVIES! BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Give us something worth watching!!!!!

1 Message

3 months ago

What the heck Xfinity ? Never existed.  One more reason to move on

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi Ksjhahhsbj!Thanks for taking the time to visit our forums page. This is definitely not how we want you to feel. We would surely miss your business and can certainly help turn this around. As user_8zu77g awesomely mentioned, an e-mail was sent out on April 18th informing users that 343 would be gone on June 25. We also provide advance notice 30 days in advance on the monthly billing statement. Have you checked if you received that email on your end?

1 Message

3 months ago

I just contacted Comcast/Xfinity  apparently Starz has the rights to that channel and if you want to ala carte STARZ to your lineup and pay for it you can still watch MOVIES.....there was no warning its and "agreement" between Comcast and STARZ....just another way for Comcast to try and force people to pay for channels because of their already lousy channel lineup.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_khgyy4​ I believe you were misinformed, due to the fact that had a STARZ subscription and yet channel 343 was no longer available to me as of yesterday.

Visitor

• 

26 Messages

This was posted today, July 1 on this thread. Copy pasted from the post.

user_bt4wtn

Movies! answered my email with the following:  "Comcast has made some changes in the Seattle area and Movies! and Story Television are not available on Comcast/Xfinity systems at this time".  As I thought, this change is  a result of a Comcast decision to eliminate channels and continue charging the  same or increased prices to customers.  

55 minutes ago

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

Movies! and Story TV are BROADCAST network carried by a local TV station. If that station dropped them, then there is nothing Comcast can do as they just pass on what is aired. There should have been hourly "bugs" telling you what station it was on. If you give your general area maybe someone can figure out what station it was on. You can check the Movies! and Story web sites to see what is listed (but those listings are often not up to date), or check the station's information on Wikipedia.

https://moviestvnetwork.com/wheretowatch/affiliate/

https://storytelevision.com/wheretowatch/affiliate/

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

As of today, the Movies! website still lists Comcast (Xfinity) channel 343. Evidently, we aren't the only ones who were not informed.

1 Message

Just signed in to my account to check for 343 in my line up and and it's 'not' there - as of about 15 minutes ago - just GONE!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@Andyross

I can’t find 44.2  KFFV-DT2  MOVIES!, 44.3 KFFV-DT6  STORY, or the new channel 44.7 KFFV-DT7  METOON. How can Xfinity justify charging a Broadcast TV Fee then not including local broadcast channels in their channel lineup? I can still get these channels using an antenna, so they are still local broadcast channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, maddie56, thank you for joining us here on the Forums and for your feedback. Can you double check a recent bill statement in the Important Information section for info on any changes?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Movies! Is not the only one suddenly missing.  Very irritating.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here